Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday's Finds | button love

. . . .. .. . ... . .. . .. . .. ... .. . .. ..

{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome.
On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.  You'll never guess what I'm going to find, next.}


I feel like I'm the luckiest gal in the world...

All of these buttons were all given to me by a dear friend.  I had no words.  I could not believe my friend let me hand pick through several jars of buttons from her Mother-in-law's own "passed- down" collection - which had been given to my friend, some time ago.

I'm sure.  I almost can't use them.  They're such a find. Do you realize how old some of these buttons must be?  Button makers DO NOT make buttons like this anymore; the colors, the styles, etc.  I'm serious.   Such a "fun" gift.



Thank you, Kristy.

By the way, the last time I talked about BUTTONS - well, I just wanted you to know... nothing has really changed.   My button bin looks pretty much the same, as it's been. 

They're all still in Ziploc bags, but for the most part, the buttons are sorted by colors.  And.  It's comfortable! It might not look so charming - but it's working.

But.  I have been cleaning out my button collection, here of late...believe it or not. I've been doing various other gifts with them.  I can't show yet - due to "highly secretive" reasons.  However, I'll show you soon, enough.  Hang in there...

In the meantime... here is this awesome idea.

What do you think of this??

Button Flowers. {tutorial}

IMG_0882-1


I'm kinda likin' it.

Hope you have a Happy Friday!!

7 comments:

  1. Some of those look so familiar~~I'll bet my Mom and Mother-in-law had the same kind. What a treasure!
    Enjoy the weekend and Happy Mother's Day, dear Bevy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love old buttons!
    Have fortunate that you got to pick through these.
    I know you will find the perfect "bag" for each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just saw the tutorial yesterday for that button flower thing. very cute. i think i want to make some of her fabric flowers for pins and hair stuff. keep up the good work! hope your pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those buttons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you to get all those buttons. Yes, some of them look very old! How sweet of your friend to give them to you.
    That little button bouquet is adorable!
    Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the button flowers. One problem. I have this friend who told me all about buttons and how they just aren't the same any more - and now I am afraid to use them......

    Glad some of them found a good new home! Love what you do with them! You are most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the button photos.

    And I love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...