Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Love : : Could it get any prettier?

 . .. . .. .. . .. . . . .. . . . . ..  .. ..


If I live in a house of spotless beauty
with everything in it's place
but have not love
I am a housekeeper; not a homemaker.


If I have time for waxing, polishing
and decorative achievements
but have not love
My children learn of cleanliness not godliness.



Love leaves the dust
in search of a child's laugh.

Love smiles at tiny fingerprints
on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears
before it wipes up the spilled milk.

Love picks up the child
before it picks up the toys.



Love is present through trials.

Love reprimands, reproves and is responsive.


As a mother, there is much I must teach my child
but the greatest of these is love.  
                                                         ~ Selected

*******

Lord!  Help me to truly love (today).

When love is in its truest form - could it get any prettier?




Photos:  Enjoying the Bridal Wreath? - before the rain takes all the blooms away.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! And the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the Lord has used you today to speak DIRECTLY to me if no one else.

    Just yesterday as I was doing some major nesting...and that's all I had on my mind. Levi asks me to play checkers with me. I say not now, I'm too busy. So I nest some more. He comes in and says Pleaseeee mama will you play just one game with me. Of course I did, but my heart truly was not where God wanted it to be...

    I think today that you have inspired me to play several games of checkers:)

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful reminder of what's truly important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO True! It is something I need to be reminded of again and again!

    Your sweet almond bush is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jenn... Is that what it's called? Somehow I feel like you and I have had a 'conversation' about what kind of bush this is before.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Bevy!!! I need to live these words more!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...