Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Old Time Sunday Hymn Sing | Jesus Loves Even Me

.. . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . .. . . .. . ..

Happy Mother's Day!


I was trying to think of a way I could honor my Mom today.  No hymns (about Mother's) really came to mind - until I started paging through the old hymn book - that I have here - and I got to thinking about how much my mom loved to sing and still does.  How much she influenced me and my siblings.  I tell her she needs to get her self into a choir or ladies chorus or something.

She has a beautiful, melodious voice, which harmonizes so beautifully with other voices.  She can sing several ranges which include soprano, alto, high tenor.  She taught us (kids) very well.  My dad sang too, and he often would lead the congregation in singing at the Mennonite Church we grew up going to.
Our family would sing all of the time - at home, in the car, in church(es) for special singing, at family functions... all Accapella.

But, more importantly.

My mother would sing songs that taught us about Jesus.  Simple children's songs, Biblical based songs, great hymns of the faith.  Songs that still resonate within me.  When I start to sing some of those songs to my own kiddo's - and I can't remember all of the words - I'll give my mom a phone call... and she'll sing them to me over the phone (or wherever), to help me recall the words.

Here is one she would often sing to us and with us children...

~ Jesus loves even me~
P.P. Bliss

I am so glad that my Father in heav'n
Tells of his love in the book he has giv'n.
Wonderful things in the Bible I see;
When I remember that Jesus loves me.

Chorus:
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me,
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves even me.

Tho' I forget him and wander away,
Still he doth love me wherever I stray;
Back to his dear loving arms would I flee,
When I remember that Jesus loves me.

Oh, if there's on-ly one song I can sing,
When in his beauty I see the Great King,
This shall my song in eternity be;
"Oh, what a wonder that Jesus loves me."

****

She's coming over this evening to watch our little ones - while Scott and I go to the Phillies Game.  No doubt - she'll be singing (all kinds of) songs to help them settle for the night, just like I do.

I love you, Mom!!!  Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...