Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Old Time Sunday Hymn Sing | More Like Thee

. . .. . . .. . . . .. . . . . .. .. .. .. . .



~More Like Thee~
Frank M. Davis / J. Henry Showalter

More like thee, O Saviour, let me be,
More like thee from day to day;
Never let me from thy footsteps stray,
Keep me in the narrow way.

Chorus
More like thee, yes, more like thee,
More like thee, yes, more like thee,
More like thee, O Christ like thee;
By the grace, O let me day by day
Grow more and more like thee.

More like thee, O Saviour, let me be,
Pure without and pure within;
Keep me ever from the ways of sin,
I the crown of life would win.

More like thee, O Saviour, let me be,
All my pilgrims journey thro';
Meek and lowly, ever kind and true,
Like thyself in all I do.

Chorus


More like thee, yes, more like thee,
More like thee, yes, more like thee,
More like thee, O Christ like thee;
By the grace, O let me day by day
Grow more and more like thee.

***



Why this hymn?

Over this past week I've been quietly enjoying my quiet times - getting richer, more consistant - with the Lord.  I've been hanging out with this devotional/journal book (one that my Mom gave me) on the subject of Encouragement.

Giving Encouragement - is an area where I want to grow...

I got to thinking how - and this also goes along very well with the book, One Thousand Gifts, that I'm also currently reading - I got to thinking how that if I'm empty, in other words, if I'm not feeling a lot of encouragement myself, how do I give (much needed) encouragement to others?  It's really, really hard.

Less of me and More of HIM - keeps coming to mind as I think about living an emptier, fuller life.

It starts with more of Jesus.  I want to be more like HIM... and as that happens, extending encouragement will just come naturally towards others.
This hymn is basically a prayer for me, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...