Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

What a day...

. . . .. . . .. . . . .. . . .. .. . . ..

I don't know what kinds of thoughts were going through your head today as it was announced - repeatedly - that the world was coming to an end - today.

Maybe you got caught up in it.  Maybe you didn't.

I'll be honest.  I didn't hear much - just bits and pieces here and there.  But the thoughts did go through my mind - the what ifs - of, what if; what if, this time, this is true? 

I kept looking up at the skies...

Songs came to mind, with the lyrics....

"What a beautiful day, for the Lord to come again", or "this may be the cloud he's coming back on..." etc.

But - the TRUTH rang even clearer in my heart and mind where Scripture is clear when it says that no man knows the day nor the hour of when our Lord will return.  But.  HE WILL RETURN.  One day.

I was out to the hospital this morning - having some LAB work done for my pregnancy.  There, I found it interesting the comments being made by the employees and fellow out-patients... regarding this subject.

They would say, "Today is the day when the world is to come to an end, right?", all said in jest...and mockery. 
It wasn't - "Isn't this the day that the Lord is to return?  I sort of smiled, as I thought of the irony.  These folks probably really don't know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.  For them, the world was ending.... and nothing was going to phase them - spiritually - if it did.  Jesus was not in their picture.

I, in turn, felt true peace all day long.  And, you know what's really sad?  I feel like I was "mocking" right along side of those other folks, in a way.  I agreed with them - it's not going to happen - today.

Yet, I just couldn't sit there and not say something.

I assured the ladies behind the desk that the day will come and that we need to be ready and that no one knows the hour... ((silence))...
well, the one, she knew where she was going - said with a sneering laugh.

I felt sorry for them.
I feel sorry for the guy who started this whole "false teaching"entourage ...
I feel sorry for the many, many people who've missed the mark - by believing this guy - and now whose hearts have (probably) hardened to the REAL truth of the Gospel.

I hate that this paints a real ugly picture for those who are sincere, born-again believers.  This is the kind of stuff that makes it harder to share the simple news of Jesus, of Salvation, of the Gospel with others, doesn't it?

I don't know the exact time and day when the Lord will appear - no one does.  He just wants us to be watching and ready when he does come.   We have hope that he will come again.  God's word does tell us that.
 Mark 13:34-35
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.  Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come."

Kind of got me thinking today...

***
How about you?  What kinds of encounters did you have today?  Are you ready?

2 comments:

  1. At 3 o'clock today I was in a church.
    I thought how beautiful the church looked and all the people who were dressed up.

    I was attending a wedding!

    Then I though about the blogger who quit blogging because she had to "get ready".
    How sad.

    I'm ready everyday, at anytime!
    But until He decides, I will live each day serving Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IRONICUS MAXIMUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...