Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday's Finds | My mom is cute like this...

. . .. . .. . .. . . . .. . . .. . . .. . ..
{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome.

On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned. You'll never guess what I'm going to find, next.}


Today's find... shows you my first souvenir that I ever bought.  I was in the first grade.  My class was on it's year end school trip and my parents actually gave me some spending money.  A rarity in our family.

The funny thing is.  I don't even like figurines.  At least now I don't and I don't think I did then either.  But... I can faintly remember the pressure of "needing" to buy something - because I had spending money that needed to be spent.  You know?

Quickly picking this little girl out of the plethera of options there in that little gift shop of Roadside America...I can remember it "just sitting around", in my room, with no real sentimental value attached.

That was eons ago.

Enter my son's 4th birthday.

By the way.  My mom is cute like this. 


 Here is the rest of the story...

My son's birthday was the end of May.  My mom - the frugal woman that she is (and I bet, it's where I get it from - no kidding.) - gave Caleb a couple of different age appropriate gifts.  But this wrapped up item in a papertowel intrigued me more than it did Caleb.  I don't know if he even looked at it... to be honest.

I asked her.  "Mom, where did you get this?"  She had no idea... she didn't remember where it came from.  Here, she had been cleaning out her basement one day - discovered it and thought Caleb would like it. 

I told you - she is cute like this.

I explained to her how it came about and the whole story of it being my first souvenir.   She laughed...

Funny... how things come around full circle.  At least, she kept it in the same family...

Now.  What do I do with it?  Nothing, I suppose, except to keep it for mere sentimental-memory's sake... and to note that I have learned the gift of regifting very well... and rather honestly, I might add. 

Lol, I love it!

Thanks for coming by for today's Friday's Finds!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute story, Bevy. You have a sharp mind to remember the story of the figurine.
    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little story, Bevy! Hope your husband has a great Father's day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny story! LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! I'm so glad you shared it with us! I hope you have a good weekend.

    Come Visit Anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...