Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garnish with fresh berries if desired. Seriously??

. . .. . .. . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . ... .

locally grown strawberries

The only thing I could think to make with these luscious berries was cheesecake.

((I suppose it was a legit hankering.))

Since my birthday was right around the corner... that's exactly what I did.

***

It was 10:00 pm and Scott leans over my shoulder and asks, "Whatever are you doing?"
I turned right around, looking right at him with the strangest of faces...I'm sure- because he laughed... and I replied, with the most serious of voices... I'm sure - all because I could... and he laughed again...

"I'm making my birthday cake".

***

~ Philadelphia Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake ~
(credits to Kraft Foods)
40 vanilla wafers, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 pkgs. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
3 eggs
8 oz. whipped topping, thawed

Heat oven to 325*.  Mix wafer crumbs and butter and press into bottom of 9" spring form pan.

Beat 3 pkgs. cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until well blended.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing at low speed after each just until blended.  Pour over crust.
Bake 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set.  Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.

Beat remaining (1 pkg.) cream cheese, (1/4 cup) sugar and (1 tsp.) vanilla with mixer in large bowl until well blended.  Whisk in whipped topping and spread over cooled cheesecake.  Refrigerate for 4 hours.  Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.

Garnish with fresh berries if desired.

Seriously??

***

Do you know what Scott and I did?

Well, first off we thought we were going to have company to share this with - when we first cut into it.  However, that fell through at the last minute... which was totally understandable.  Our dear friends...she's also in the family way... and wasn't feeling well.

Anyway.  So, Scott and I would put the kids to bed. 
Dish us out some of this berry-rich-goodness-sin-on-a-plate... and go out onto the front porch and have us a date night.  We did this for several nights in a row. 

I told him, we're going to start looking like this cheesecake if we don't watch it.

By the time I got around to taking a great photo of this stuff decadence... the strawberries were all gone and so I've opted for blueberries to present to you this next-to-last piece of mouth-watering dessert.


Needless to say - just as berrylicious.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing some samples to the park last night. Joe and I thought the "birthday" cake was delicious!! And if I neglected to wish you a happy birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'll be joining you in number in about 6 weeks (8/22). Hope to see you Saturday night at the Pizza Night. All the best to you....

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cheesecake with a whipped cream topping. Buy it frozen and slice as desired, Sara Lee... Hope you enjoyed yours. No whipped cream.. Frozen berries. Maybe a lunch snack... Yum... Thanks for the delicious idea. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS mouth watering!!! Too funny - my hubby and I had date nights on our front porch eating ice cream lately! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gift that keeps on giving. I love that you decided to make yourself a cheesecake for your birthday and that it turned into date nights!

    It looks delicious. Happy belated birthday!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...