Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Sacrifices of Praise

. .. . .. .. . .... . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . .. . .. ..



"... in view of God's mercy, offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship."   ~ Romans 12:1

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name.  And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."   ~ Hebrews 13:15-16

***
These verses have really stuck out to me - over this past weekend. 

The challenge being to live my life, wholly, as a living sacrifice; giving him continual praise.  It's hard to do - sometimes, isn't it?  We can't do it - without the mercies of God in view.

In light of his mercies ... I continue to count the thanks towards One Thousand Gifts.

#252. good books to read

#253. the smell of lavender

#254. the blossom of lavender, handed lovingly to me, by my daughter

#255. the twinkle in her eye that follows

#256. the pleas for band-aids  - the batting of the eyes and the folding of the hands - "pretty please!"

#257. little ones singing their hearts out ... "I lift it up to you, Lord.  I sing alle-lu-jah"

#258. two *new* delicious rhubarb recipes (which I'll share later this week - maybe tomorrow)

#259. "hit-the-spot" Chinese dinner date night... taking the kiddo's along and them doing so well.

#260. another SALE - in my etsy shop

#261. a great week (last week) at VBS - the children enjoyed themselves so much. 

#262. the growing manners and courtesies coming out of my four year old son.  It's taking my breath away... He's been opening up doors, shaking hands with adults to say thank you... replying with the "yes, sir" and "yes, ma' m"... saying "thanks" - without being prodded.. etc.   I am so grateful.

#263. good report for my (baby) doctor's appointment - I had some growing concerns and all is well... now just to hang in there.

#264. grandma's who care

#265. brother-in-law's who share - car related tools and recommendations

#266. the commorodity of friends and family

#267. green tomatoes hanging on the vine  ((I told Caleb he couldn't pick them until they turned red.  He thought maybe he would just sit there and wait...))

#268. teaching moments throughout the day

#269. deep soul-smiles of gratitude for my spouse...

#270. his time well spent - intentionally being a dad!!!  Not just a good dad....but a great dad.

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing that He would even accept the imperfect sacrifice we offer - our imperfect bodies and our feeble praise. It makes me want to worship even more!
    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life as a living sacrifice. Even as I print this I know that I struggle daily. I love Him every day. I praise Him every day. I talk to Him every day. But my life a living sacrifice every day? I am so easily distracted. Praise God for His mercies that are new every morning, because I for one need to know this is true... every morning! I am a work in progress...

    Blessings, Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list! I especially love teaching moments. I miss so many of them because I'm not paying attention. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love those verses.

    It is hard to do sometimes, but you give me a constant reminder here on your blog to do so.

    Such a wonderful source of inspiration:)

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, wonderful things to be thankful for! I love lavender, too! I think I'll go pick a bunch to hang in the house! Have a great day, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...