Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday's Finds | Pampered Chef - love (Amanda, this one's for you!)

. . .. . .. . . .. . . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . . . . .. .
{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome.  On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned. You'll never guess what I'm going to find, next.}


Many of you know - especially those of you who know me well - that I am a lover of pretty much all-things Pampered Chef.  I've never been a consultant - although, sometimes, I feel like it, due to the many cabinets  of mine laden with product from this great company.  I love using (most) everything, that I own, and using them so hard and often, it's sometimes to the end of them.  Meaning.  If something goes out of their product line... I'm devastated if I can no longer replace my original item that I've just used over and over until it has become no more.  I will be honest - there are a few things I do not love about the Pampered Chef products... but that's not what I'm here to talk about - right now.

You see, I have this Large Baker's Bowl (with lid) that I found myself telling someone over this past weekend - that "If this thing ever dies, so will I".  It is one of my favorite stoneware pieces and IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE... in their product line.  They've replaced it with something else - which I have as well... but I don't love it quite the same.

Here is a photo of my Baker's Bowl (w/lid) - in action. 



(If you want to read more on what I love doing with bowl - It's time... to read HERE!)

 I also like to make Calico Beans in this bowl.  I forgot to get a picture - when I made them last weekend.  But beans are beans.  I've since had several requests for this recipe... so today is the day, I'll share the recipe at the end of today's post.
ENTER: FRIDAY'S FINDS.

It's Monday... of this week.  My hubby walks in the door, at the end of the day, with these two boxes and I about fell to the floor.


Brand spanken' new - never been used - NEVER TO GET PAINTED - Stoneware Baker Bowl and Lid (also known as the Deep Dish Baker).  My mouth could hardly close. 

This was like Christmas, in July!!! 

(Shoot.  I should not have just said that.  My husband will probably remind me of this come Christmas - by reminding me that he already gave me my gift... back in July.)

Thankfully, I still have my original set - unscathed.  But, I was like: Scott?!?!?!  Where in the world did you find this?  He said one of his co-worker's was cleaning out her mother's things and they've never been used  and that they were "free to good home".  AHHH - yeah! 

 He jumped at it knowing it was exactly what his country-cookin' gal needed...

Another Bowl and Lid - in my kitchen.  Especially if mine ever decides to "die".

***
Here is that Calico Bean recipe, I promised.

1/4 lb. bacon**
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T. vinegar
1 T. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 can Great Northern beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can Butter beans
1 cup cooked green beans

Brown bacon, burger and chopped onion in a pan.  Then add remaining ingredients and mix well. 
Bake at 300 for 1 1/2 hours.

 ** I used our own hickory-smoked, thick sliced bacon...cut up and laid on top of beans while baking in the oven.  Because I had leftover hamburger and onion (fried together) from something else... so I just put that all in the Baker Bowl - and let it come together - stirring occasionally, after bacon has browned up, while baking.

***

Happy Friday to you all!!!

(Especially to you Amanda.  You know I love you and that I'm just giving you a hard time about the bowl you painted...) :)

7 comments:

  1. You made me smile! My favorite unpainted stonewear piece is the sister to yours: the 9X13 deep dish baker. When I think of all the yummy roasts and casseroles that have been lovingly prepared in that dish for my precious family....and served from that same piece admidst laughter and love around the table...
    Yep, you made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were blessed by the find... :-) Not into a lot of pampered chef myself.. Almost tried to be a consultant and even met the founder, but the person who tried to set me up was too pushy and after we were getting started I stopped.. She told me I didn't have enough parties set up.. I liked to cook, so I thought it would be a great deal.. Oh well, I don't miss it.. Thanks for sharing ... The recipe looks yummy... thanks for sharing...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a blessing to have another one! I bet you were super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and your never gonna belive what happend to our painted bowl?

    The children took it outside to catch bugs in and it broke!!!

    Please don't be angry with me. Not only did we paint a bowl, but we broke it. All in the same week.

    I'm so terribly happy you found another;-)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Amanda. I'm kinda laughing... but feeling like - "Oh no!", maybe I should share my fabulous find with YOU just so that you can enjoy (using) it the real way. ;)

    That's too funny. I'm sorry your blessing bowl broke. You'll make another... if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just an fyi, I love pampered chef too but the secretpamperedchefclub is a scam and not associated with The Pampered Chef

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Anonymous. As you can see I removed the {said} comment from this blog.

    I wondered about it myself... thanks for clearing the air. I appreciate it.

    (blog author)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...