Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

friends who frequent :: it is more blessed to give then to receive

. .. .. .. . .. . .. . . ..  .. . .. .. . . . . . .. ... .. .


The ornament of the house is the friends who frequent it.  
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

****

Just another posy-friend my little gal snuck into the house for me.

You know?  I've always enjoyed seeing how my son would stop, take the time and smell the flowers.  But it's the smile on my daughter's face as she brings the plucked off blossoms to me, that reminds me - this girl knows what it means to "give and to receive". 

She gives me me a gift but she is more blessed in the giving.

And just like hospitality.

When you give the gift of opening your hearts & home to others...
You, in turn, are more blessed in the giving then the folks are of the receiving.


8 comments:

  1. This is so true. I really like people gifting me with things (or time and fellowship), but I most appreciate it when I am able to do something for someone else that brings them pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys EXCEL at this : ) !! Thank you for your graciousness, example, and, most of all, friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kristy. It's perhaps just futile effort to practicing. :) You are (all) a joy to have in our home...and it's about time again. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful sentiment, and so wonderfully illustrated in the graciousness of your girl.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to really work at hospitality. I get so nervous and anxious whenever we have company. I know it's important to be hospitable, so I will continue to try and trust that God will help me grow in this area. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I keep saying, those little eyes are watching and see what is going on in their home. It's being reflected!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...