Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Our dewy blessings

. . .. . .. . .. . . . . . . .. . .. . .. . . . . . . .. . . .



Before last week - I never really gave dew (or cobwebs, for that matter) much thought.  But, this patch of a dewy cobweb caught my eye and I remembered how much I do appreciate seeing the nature of a web in it's formation.  It's one thing to walk into a cobweb but oft times they're really hard to see - at quick glance - unless you notice dew droplets or a light mist hanging on to it - and then, they are really fascinating.  Aren't they?
 
When we see dew covering a web - it completely reveals the intricacies of its design.  I like to think of dew as a form of blessing.  When I began looking through scripture to see if there were any references that would confirm my thoughts - I found many mentions of dew likened to a 'blessing' given.  But, here is the first mention of dew found in the Bible, in Genesis 27:28 ~ "May God give you of heaven's dew and of earth's richness - an abundance of grain and new wine."
 
Switching gears a little bit - here is what got me thinking about webs and 'dew blessings' in the first place.
***
A couple of weeks ago - while at church - I couldn't help but notice the tangled web of friends and relationships there.  It is so beautiful.  It's not high school - people!   Although at times, webs are rather fragile and webs are quite tangled, it is a beautiful thing to see how closely knitted folks are to one another... particularly the ladies.  The men and kids, too.  But, when I see someone who I feel pretty close to, also having a sweet conversation with another woman friend...its not a sign of being a traitor to that relationship; it's not a seclusivity of our relationship that is broken; it is not mature of me to think otherwise.
 
Rather, it is encouraged in scripture to have real, genuine love and care for our fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord.  I love the verses (12-17) in the book of Colossians, chapter 3, where it says.
 
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  (blessing?)
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all of these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (a dewy cobweb?)  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body your were called to peace.  And be thankful...."
 
When there is a dew blessing covering the "tangled web" (It is exactly that, tangled and very fragile.) of friendship and relationship, it is evident that God's love is in action. It shows,  it reveals,  it's rich and it blesses.
 
And, I am thankful.

****
Continuing to count the thanks toward... One Thousand Gifts.

#291. community of believers - at church, in blogging, in family, at work

#292. a place to gather

#293. a knock on the door

#294. sharing of cookbooks, cans in the pantry, leftovers

#295. windows wide open

#296. steaming hot, buttery ears of corn on the cob - fresh from the farm

#297. little helpers - willing to pitch in

#298. loving kindness and tender mercies - memories of my grandfather

#299. a call to prayer; to deepen our prayer lives

#300. deep questions - that make us think

#301. my husband's cleaned out car - with the kiddo's help.  WOW!!

#302. a quick reply to a hand-written note - another letter in return!

#303. tears of joy - even when not understood

#304. wrapped up dollies and a little mommy sweetly (and seriously) loving on her babes...she is going to be this Mommy's big helper in just a few short weeks.  Ahh! just six  more (plus) weeks to go...

#305. YOU!! ~~ my readers, this blogging community, who are faithful to encourage and bless

***
I want to leave you with this thought and prayer, quoted from Thelma Wells. 

This day, LORD, thank you for the believers in my life who have testified to your goodness.  Show me how to bring to others the blessings I have received from these dear brothers and sisters in Christ.  Amen.


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Beverly : ) Call me when you have the baby and I will come and take some pictures of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love 294!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post Bevy! Loved number 304! So precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...