Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, August 22, 2011

beauty in the ordinary

. .. . . .. . .. . .. . . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. .. ..
"Once you see, you appreciate and then you become inspired".  ~ Alexandria Stoddard

Inspired, to give thanks?

Do we first need to be inspired to appreciate and give thanks or does giving thanks first then inspire appreciation?  Just something I've been thinking about...  I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Obviously, I'm still thinking... and, in that still-thinking... I've been counting on... towards the One Thousand Gifts.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


 
#403. "beauty in the ordinary" - flowers in a blue mason jar


#404.  sounds of the wind chime on my mother's back porch

#405. fresh baked peach pie


#406. slices of fresh tomatoes, homegrown basil and cheese - drizzled just so with dressing

#407. the stack of hand stitched quilts, in all colors - a favorite collection of mine

#408. gifts from a dear friend: homemade bagels (to die for!), frozen spinach and mushroom ravioli (her added contribution towards future baby-meals coming in), pair of jeans, and a beautifully handmade clutch cosmetic bag - stitched with love.

#409. tall grasses waving in the wind

#410. the book: The Spirit of Loveliness by Emilie Barnes

#411. a cleaned-up yard - before bed time... and the living room, too!!

#412. little white lights under kitchen cabinets

#413. flip-flops - for these tired mama's fatso feet

#414. beautiful birds perched on fence wires

#415. boundaries... and the conversation that ensued with my four year old, as he grappled to understand what that means.

#416. for the lady at church, who offered to take my place in the nursery (childcare) on Sunday Morning... insisting I sit in service on a soft seat instead.  Thank you!

#417.  this back yard blessing - which I'll share more about later. ;)

#418. brother-in-law's and buddies - who are willing to lend a hand, come rain or shine

#419. going through old photos

#420. rockers on front porches

#421. three deer jumping out of the corn field and off into the meadow

#422. "This is the day that the Lord hath made"... and (so far) it's been a peaceful one.

#423.  this baby is to be born on Wednesday, via C-section... pray for us, as you think of us.  Please?!?!



6 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you! Get as much rest as you can until Wednesday. Love ya Bevy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue canning jar full of flowers was just so beautiful!

    I think giving thanks goes both ways -

    *there are times when we can just naturally give thanks to the Lord and worship Him, usually because He has given us a blessing

    *there are other times we have to give thanks by faith, because He has asked us to be thankful in all things, this is usually during a trial or a situation we don't yet understand

    Nice, faith-provoking question, sister!

    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved reading your list, Bev, and the picture is gorgeous. Zinnias are one of my favorites. I'll continue to pray for you, and can't wait to hear the news about your new babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you, and I'll definitely be praying for you on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly! I think that thankfulness comes first even if it's as simple as thank you for the blue sky or thank you that I didn't catch that nasty cold. Sometimes we don't feel very thankful, but if we find just one thing to be thankful for it snowballs and before we know it we are appreciative of so much more!

    Secondly! I'm praying for you my dear sweet friend! I was thinking about you yesterday and this morning. I was praying for you with your due date coming up tomorrow. I'm super excited and can't wait to hear all your news! I love you and you will be on my heart and mind all day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers in the mason jar!! LOVE THEM! ♥

    I think that is a good question! I belive it can be either way! But I think it is good to get into a habit of giving thanks first then being inspired - for we deserve nothing!

    Oh you are soooo on my mind lately! Praying for you, strange how I hardly know you, yet feel like you are an old friend! ♥

    God bless you Bevy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...