Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Steady and True

. .. . . . .. . .. .. . . . . .. . .. .. .. .... .. .

I know I talk about the rain - a lot!

If you didn't know this about me, I love all kinds of grey days.  Rainy ones, overcast skies, big or small thunderstorms - even Quiet Storms.  I talk about what to do on rainy days.  I mention these sorts of days often in my gratitude lists - that I do on Monday's... like the dew, and rain drops strung out like pearls along the wash line.

As these are just a few of my favorite things.


So, here I go again. 

I've just been sitting here, at the dining room table, just listening to the sound, through the open bay window.  The sound of the most glorious rainstorm outside. 

It's the sound of steady.  Steady and true.


 
It's what I'm feeling right now.  The refreshment of friendships and relationships... ones that when they pour themselves out, emptying to fill - they are really doing a good thing.

I've had a dear friend come by -all day- for the past two consecutive Wednesday's... bringing her brood (of four) in tow.  What do you say, to someone who just gives and gives of herself (they all do!)...regularly?

She's steady and true.

She's refreshing.

I want to be just like her...


It makes me miss other dear friends, who in the same way remain a constant treasure in my heart - ones who I don't see often enough.  I challenge myself to think of ways that I can "pour out" myself towards them... in good effort to be a blessing and an encouragement.

Steady and True...

is the cry of my heart.

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others, will himself be refreshed.
~ Proverbs 11:25

6 comments:

  1. Good reminders.. Chantel has been encouraging me and helping me organize the whole upstairs of our house.. Next the main floor... Today.. we are taking my aunt out for lunch to encourage her... I love to be an encourager.. writing cards.. etc.. That's my thing... Thanks for your thoughts.. Actually got to shop early since both Chantel and I woke up early due to the rain/thunder.. today. So, it all worked out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A word fitly spoken! Thanks for your words. Having just moved half way across the world, it was good to be reminded that I don't need to let distance prohibit me from pouring myself out to them.
    Blessings in Christ
    Shirley Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that your fondness for rain is contagious.

    funny thing...

    As I just took a break from the day to day just a few moments ago to read a few blogs;-)

    I heard a roll of thunder. Being the go go person I am I was thinking. Darn. we won't get to do the things we need to do outside in the garden, etc. Then,

    lo and behold I come over here and read your blog. Yes indeed a true breath of fresh air to me as I do believe that thunder and rain today will be what i compose in my journal page as you have opened my eyes to the beauty of them.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts. I saw the picture of the drainspout and had a warm, fuzzy feeling. I don't know why, but I do love the sound of rain. (As long as I didn't leave anything outside!)

    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love good friends : )
    My Grammy's name was Myrtle. She wasn't the one with the oilcloth tablecloth, but I did love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful friend! I love rainy days, too! It makes me want to get out my sewing or crocheting or bake something! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...