Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dishin' it out and stirrin' it up!

. .. . .. .. . .. .. ... ... .. .. .... ... ... . . . ... ..
Hey!!  It's me.... I'm alive, kicking, doing (very) well - I'm glad to say, and at the same time takin' it easy.  That's why you haven't heard much from me.  But, I know you understand.  I've been just a little busy - cuddling, snuggling and simply being blessed. ;)

At the same time, life goes on around here as usual.  The two older siblings keep life "happening", as you know and can probably imagine very well.  And, along with that comes the duties of mothering (being consistent to the calling) and where discipline issues continue to need addressing.  (sigh)

Maybe I should warn you.  This post may come off as a bit of a ramble...


Around here.  The wooden spoon comes in handy to deal with those delicate situations.  Maybe you've used the wooden spoon too, as the "spank spoon" - rather then using it to simply stir up cake batter.

Well.

As necessary as that is, from time to time.  Something else came to mind, while reading my devotional book on the subject of encouragement - and I'm grateful to have been "enlightened" to this perspective and thought that I would pass it on to you.

Kinda like sharin' the love.

We all know that spoons are meant for "dishin' it out" and or "stirrin' it up".  As I read this devotional portion - the verse from 1 Peter 4:10 was used, referring to the gift of encouragement and how we're to "stir up" the gift we've been given; first in ourselves and then to faithfully administer that gift towards others.

As a mom.  I KNOW I need to grow in stirring up encouragement towards my kiddo's.  As I placed the wooden spoon back into the basket, after one of those "moments"... these prayer-thoughts came rushing through.  "Don't forget: use the spoon (a.k.a. modes of discipline) but go ahead and stir in a good dose of encouragement as well.  It's a good mix!"

Here is my prayer!  That this verse, from Proverbs (15:1), A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger, will come first and foremost to my mind as I go about my day, and that in doing so, there will peace in both our hearts and in our home.

4 comments:

  1. That verse in Proverbs comes to mind often. And it really does work! I have used it effectively several times with neighbors I'd rather not have. God is always faithful to His word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that verse! It is one I quote to myself and my children, often!

    Glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Apparently I stayed away too long. I missed the big moment! I'm glad to again be enveloped in the sweet spirit of your blog... and thankful to have found my way back. God bless you and yours while you adjust to the new schedules and just continue to be in awe of the precious gift you've been given...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you doing very well! I'm enjoying my snuggles on this end as well. Nothing smells better than a brand new baby, I'm convinced! Oh, and LOTS of compliments on the diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...