Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Apple Stories

. .. . . .. . . .. .. . .. . . .. . .. . . . .. .. . . .. .. . . ...

Today, Caleb gets to go on his first Field Trip, with his school, to Tabora Farm and Apple Orchard.  Scott took off the morning to go with him...as he needs a supervising adult to go with.  A parent/caretaker must go and no siblings.  I thought Scott would certainly enjoy making this first memory with our son.

I can't wait to hear of their experience and all of the Apple Stories when they get back home.

****

Speaking of stories.  I am continuing to name the thanks - towards One Thousand GiftsIt's been a slow go, for sure.  Building on the story that God has begun in my heart and life... to grow in giving thanks; displaying a life of gratitude...making it to be as it were, second nature.  It has not been easy.  I really stink at it.  I feel so "far behind"... as if it were really up to me to be on top of this?  But. God is gracious.  So gracious.  Too gracious?  I don't want to just list things.  I want it to be real.  Genuine.  Story-worthy.  Like that one prize-sized apple...worth it's weight in gold.  Not just one!  But a whole trees worth - loaded and laden with thanks.  A basket full.

Lord, open my eyes!  Help me to see - up high, down low.  Help me to pick joy! in {this moment}.

#481. fall pumpkins on my front porch

#482. apple orchards and first field trips

#483. the break in the storm-clouds

#484. tea lights in glass jars

#485. heavy arguments serious discussions

#486. {this moment}

#487. my hubby's help around the house - sweeping floors, folding laundry and picking up toys

#488. flags blowing in the wind

#489. travelling mercies

#490. decadent desserts

#491. new shoes

#492. pink skies

#493. babies sleeping peacefully

#494. steady rhythm

#495. the sound of raindrops

#496. falling leaves

#497. ladies discussing this book around my dining room table

#498. burps and settled tummies

#499. six weeks old is a beautiful age

#500. the sound of a ticking clock

#501. my "Old Soul"

#502. Tea Party moments

#503. memorizing Bible verses

#504. friends willing to babysit

#505. full baskets! the ones filled with toys, books, shoes, dirty laundry - even clean laundry, and especially the ones filled with apples...








5 comments:

  1. You have a way of making everything look and sound so wonderful! The little twist of ivy with the apples was so artistic.

    I love the thought of choosing JOY. Thanks!

    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to baskets filled with apples! :) We just went and picked up a second batch of apples - I'm so loving them this year! I hope the guys apple day is a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick had a good time talking to Scott today. Poor E was so cold that he was miserable! It still sounded like a fun trip. I love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful list of things to be Oh so thankful for! MMMM...I love apple season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apples and love the apple photo! Beautiful! Having a husband that helps around the house is such a gift... one I am grateful for too! :) Pink skies... love that. Yay for all kinds of full baskets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...