Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faith soars on high...

. .   . ... . ... . .... .. .. .. . .. ... .. .. . ... ..

Oh my!  I am sweetly overwhelmed...


It was a day of surprise and blessing mixed with a couple of anxious thoughts and notions about nothing.  You know the kind.

I found myself praying.  The kind of prayer that has been the same.  Over and over.

"Lord, I have nothing to say - or at least it seems like it.  Do I really bless?  Am I one of influence?"

As I thumbed through the pages of my Bible... I was looking for a hand-written note, located in the side-line margin - somewhere, but where?  It was a poem about Doubt vs. Faith.  I wanted to reread it.  I needed to "hear it".  I couldn't find it.

I began scrolling through back blog posts - thinking maybe I had posted it somewhere, once before.

You see.  Like I had said - I've had this common theme running through my prayers particularly when it comes to blogging.
 I know this is something that the Lord has "called me to".
A way to be a woman of influence; an encourager. 
However, there are many, many days when it's intimidating, shallow, empty, non-encouraging...mostly on my end - coming from me.  I'm sure.

I was encouraged rereading my own  words.  Almost like "I actually wrote this stuff?"

I found God's Faithfulness - in encouraging me.




Especially when I read this post... Help me!

And then this one... Just clinging.

Strange how the Lord really was encouraging me to keep on keeping on. 

Then I went ahead and let myself have a good cry.

{you'll almost have to take the time to reread these posts yourself, to understand my thought-journey here}


Oh yeah, I also found the words I was looking for - hand written in the margin of my Bible -
(right by Isaiah 45:2-3 - which are great, great verses of promise and encouragement.)

Doubt sees the obstacles,
Faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night,
Faith sees the day.
Doubt dreads to take a step,
Faith soars on high.
Doubt questions, "who believes?"
Faith answers, "I".

::: :: :::

As I went to caregroup last evening.  I was able to share {most} of this with a dear friend of mine.

So encouraging .... for both of us.

::: :: :::
Guess what song we sang as part of worship during caregroup?

Yup! you guessed it.

Great is thy Faithfulness.

4 comments:

  1. I love that poem, very nice, I'm glad you found it to share! :) And you are so right, I read your blog because you are encouraging, you are for sure, fulfilling that calling! - because of you I make my bed every day! ;) (remember that post?!?!)

    I too re-read over some of what I have writen in the past and think, wow, I actually wrote that and I never thought I was much of a writer!

    Love that the Lord has a sense of humour! ;) Great worship song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, don't you think for one second that your not a precious blessing to us all. You are a treasure!

    God bless and have an incredible day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good poem.
    timely for me too.

    I must come back and visit when I have way more time to read those other post.

    I'm certain it's going to be good over here. and I'm certain i'll need a cup of coffee;-)
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...