Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 28, 2011

hugs matter

                                        . .. .. . . .. . . . . .. . . .. . . .. . ... . . .. .. .. . . . .. . . .. .
Ladies, I have to ask.

  Have you ever had one of those hugs that the hug your husband gave you when he left in the morning, and the hug he gave when he returned home in the evening, felt like it was the EXACT SAME hug?

I have. 
 And, it happened to me yesterday.

And, the thing about it was is that it truly felt like it was the exact same embrace. 

 If only...it was.  And if only I could've erased away the happenings in the middle of the day, between those two hugs - for reals.  In a small way...it all did melt away.

Because whatever was in that hug (beginning and end) mattered.

It mattered to me!!

7 comments:

  1. Yup, yup, yup!!! Going through one of those times now. Just NEED to be in the same room if nothing else. Thought it was just me - but I went to my mom's last night to give Mike some extra time with NO interruptions in the tower - and he said when I got home that he had to be in the same room for awhile. That when we're apart it feels like there is a slow drain of energy that happens. It flattered me ( : ) ! ) , but maybe those hugs are the recharge we need? Just my 2 cents..... Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think that no matter who they're from - hugs matter.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that thought! Living hug to hug...

    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy! Hugs are the best! My husband is not a hugger, so when I actually get one from him, WOW! :)

    I have just started reading your blog a few weeks ago and I love it! I found you through Amanda's Homegrown blog. I am also from PA and I think we are pretty close to each other. I have a blog but it's private, I would love to invite you! I would just need your email address to add you. If you get a minute and you would like to read, please let me know!

    God bless you and your dear husband and sweet family! Your children are just adorable!

    Blessings,
    Johanna, Bittersweet Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awhh...thanks Johanna. Reading your comment here is/was just like getting another hug. :)

    I would love to "meet" you through reading your blog. Thanks for the invite and you can find my email in my blogger profile.

    Blessings to you and yours as well... and isn't Amanda from Homegrown and Beeyouitful just a wonderful gal? I'm so glad for this kindred world found through blogging.

    ~Bevy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big hug person because I am of the complete belief that a hug is a very comforting way of showing you care. And I think your blog is so beautiful! BIG HUG :}

    Maria @ A Blooming Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the BEST aren't they! They help us get through the rough times and help us remember we have men who are strong and capable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...