Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

all settled

. .. . .. . .. . . .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . . . . . . .. . .. . .. ..
A quiet drive down a country back road always...ALWAYS...somehow settles me. You know the feeling.

It's that moment of truth that reaches down deep inside and wants to stay there for a while. It says, you need to be settled. Get out and go.  Oh, and don't forget to grab the camera on your way out...

Blessings on my little family - who don't seem to mind going out for a country drive either.  They fall asleep. ;)

I hope you'll enjoy the ride along as we go down what once was my favorite dirt road in our area.  It's quiet, picturesque and "off the beaten path".  Now, today this 'dirt' road has a little bit too much macadam on it for me.  It's not quite the same in that regard.  And I don't know of too many other dirt roads out there anymore.  At least around here.

Ahhh look!...I see a patch of wild red berries growing there behind the fence post... I wonder if that is bittersweet or maybe it is rose hips.  I don't know- I can't tell.  Bittersweet is on my most favorite of natural fall decor to use.



See the wild honeysuckle growing here?







Oh, hello big red barn... actually, I'm not surprised to see you.  You're one of the reasons I love driving down this country back road. 

And, I wonder what for nest is in the top of this tree - bee or bird?  Doesn't it almost look like a hornet's nest?

I just absolutely love this old red barn.  Something about it just tells me that there are loads of stories within the walls and surrounding property of this barn and it makes me wonder what they are.


"Good-bye! beautiful barn - until next time". 

 ((happy sigh)) 

I feel settled... and now, back to reality.  Or, maybe down another....?

***
"I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land." 
 ~  Ezekiel 37:14b


**This is one of the reasons I LOVE being a Stay-at-Home Mom - I get to drive around country back roads whenever I need to "settle down", but more then that,  I know Who it is who dwells within me and lets me live...and "quiets the land" of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words and photos, Bevy. Nice to "meet" you. :) I just found your blog and am your newest follower.I'd love to have you stop by and visit me sometime.
    Have a blessed week-end.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...