Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

just a handful | more then enough


. .. . ... .. . . ... ... . .. .. . .. . . . . .. .. ... . .. . . .. .. .
"Would you like some?", we're asked.


"Sure!", we reply and we continue...

"Hey wait - slow down.  Not so many.  I only wanted a few... just a handful.  It's all I want.  And, this is plenty. Thank you." 


Unless you're my kids and who never have enough of anything - and especially when it comes to chocolate chips, etc. getting doled out.

***
So the story goes.  When we've decided that just a handful, of whatever it is, is more then enough.  That we don't (usually) want or expect more then what we've been given. Or, at best, that we're far too polite to ask for more.

But. What about when God gives us (abundantly) his hand-full-blessing?  Isn't it neat to be on the receiving end of his giving? Amazing, or what?

His hand is full of grace sufficient.  Mercies unending.  Love without bounds.  He never tires to bless us with more then we can imagine.  Am I not right?


Unlike ours, His Hand never empties.

With Him a handful is plenty but yet, never enough.  His is a hand full. Amen?

It is a hand-full of blessing.

My Jehovah-jireh :: My Provider

And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 
~ Philippians 4:19

He knows what we have need of before we even ask... and yet he wants us to. 

Come. 

Come asking...begging for more.

You know. As a mom, I tire rather quickly at the constant begging and asking for more snacks; more time; more of me... and yet, again, God, our gracious and loving Father - He never does.

All of these thoughts came flooding, recently, through my heart and mind one early morning while nursing Jayne.  I was struck with the thought of how FULL God's hand is towards me...not stingy.  Not selfish like I can be.  He doesn't say - "No, I've already given you a handful, you have enough."  No!...instead he says "Here, have more".  I want to give you more.

My husband and I were discussing these thoughts, again, just last night.  The phrase - All your needs.  In our minds that phrase implies a stopping point.  That our needs have been met or supplied care for.  But I read it differently in thinking about this subject.  In reality, our needs are never, ever fully met, are they? 

God says he will supply all we need according to His riches... to me that means over and over and over. 

Hand - Full!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful and so timely. Thank you for sharing those precious thoughts of Him you have been feasting on. I feel like I pulled up to your table and shared your meal. Blessings to you, sister!

    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This is what I have been discovering lately, too! God is just waiting for us to call out for more and for us to move towards Him. He's standing with His arms open wide waiting...why do I so often turn the other way. I just need to remember to run towards Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how beautiful this analogy is. God's hand is never ending. All we have to do is ask.

    God bless ya sweetie and have a fantastic day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes.such a beautiful analogy:)
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...