Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Touched

. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . . .. . . . . . .. ... .. .. .. ... ... .
Early Morning

(untouched photo)


Every Morningtouched up day


While I did get my hands on this photo...
God has HIS HAND all over this day!

****
I'm going to a funeral today, and I'm just praying for the Lord's mercies to fall *new* and afresh on these dear loved ones who remain...here.
Ironically enough, I was reading from 2 Corinthians chapters 4 & 5 this morning. These two chapters talk a lot of our bodies as earthen clay vessels and about Heaven, our dwelling place.


Particularly these verses...verses 16-18, of chapter 4...stuck out to me.

Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

****
As I was reflecting on those verses and TRYING to get this post up (this morning!) before the Little's woke up and really before the day actually started... I found it interesting the "hand" that was all over this day was God's slowing me to see that I needed to live this day out before I could really talk about it.

Now.  As I type, it's at the other end of today and nearly time for bed.

What a day.  As I alluded to.  It wasn't getting off to my expected good start.  The kids were ALL fussy, clingy and irritable.  I was getting irritable.  I just really struggled all of a sudden to believe that God was or had just given me "mercies new" for this day.

As much as I love me a rainy day.  This was a yucky rainy day.  Cold and wet.  I guess I don't think of rainy days as wet rainy days if I'm always enjoying them from the indoors and looking out.  I was also thinking about my own dad who has passed on to glory...fifteen years ago.  Today.  Today would have been my dad's 59th birthday.  I miss him...very, very much...adding "angst" to the oh so dreary day. 
The funeral service, this morning, was absolutely beautiful.  What a blessing to be able to go and share in the memories and stories of the life of Linda.  She will be sorely missed.  She and my mother were first cousins and let me tell you... she was a neat lady.  (Please pray for her two sons and one daughter-in-law and a new baby on the way.)  Linda's husband just passed - rather unexpectedly - just seven short months ago.  Linda had cancer.

 But, anyway.

I just had, had obvious signs that God's hand was all over this day.  Just the Peace of God was evident...there... and in my heart. 
At the same time... (while there at the service) I was thinking about the time of the day.  It was getting away from me and I had two little ones back at home with Grandma (she was probably ready to tear her hair out and theirs) and all I could think about was the meal I had promised to prepare and take to a young couple from our church as they've just welcomed their first baby into their home.  They wanted the meal by a certain time.

Would I have time to get it all done?  Plus, make our own meal?  Plus, take over the tired and irritable little ones once I got home.  Jayne was with me and she was just the same...tired and irritable.  How would this all go down?

You know what?  God met me.  I managed.  It all worked out.  Beautifully.  Even driving through the blackest of night, to deliver the meal, on the yuckiest, rainiest, coldest of nights....the songs you hear playing now were the exact same songs coming through the sound waves on the radio.  It made me think of my day all over again...

Blessings.  They often come through raindrops, some healing-blessings, they come through tears... Oh, isn't HE a God of Wonder!?!?

Our family is now settled down for the night.  The dishes are washed.  The quiet of the day is here.

I am touched.

God's hand is and was in ALL of this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy, you always have a neat way of expressing yourself and talking about the things around you. I am sorry to hear about Linda. Cancer is such an evil thing. I have been through it and I am still here. I don't know exactly why yet. Linda and her husband are together again now. That is nice. Here we will pray for those left behind. That they may accept what has happened and find the peace that God offers. May you, your husband and your little ones have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad this showed up in my facebook feed page this morning.
    I love your beautiful attitude.
    Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving week Bev.
    Tell your sisters I said hi : ) and give them a big hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! Sometimes we get so caught up with life and all that is going on that we forget He is with us. He has our day planned. He knows what we will say and do. And most importantly He is right there beside us every step of the way.

    So sorry about the loss in your family and also the loss of your dad 15 years ago. Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...