Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. .. .. .... .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Happy 1st day of November to you all!

I've decided to "pass on the love" here today... hope you don't mind.

First off, a huge thank you to Shirley, from Under an English Sky, for nominating me for this award.  This is the second award I've ever received and I'm not sure what to say - but Thanks!  I was thrilled.

There are a few rules to receiving this one...so it seems...and so here I go to follow through. 

Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link back up them. Tell Readers 7 things about yourself. Pass this award onto 15 newly discovered bloggers and let them know.

****
The seven things you always wanted to know about me... but didn't until now.
 
1.  I've been made fun of over this one.  But, MY SNIFFER (my keen sense of smell- which I'm passing on to my daughter Aubrey and wow! is she good.) has been a fun gift from the Lord.  I absolutely love the smell of skunk(s).  All farm smells are not near strong enough.  A cup of coffee - I can smell it a mile away.  And my nose is the best oven timer there is - for any baking done in the kitchen.  I can tell when it's finished baking - just by smelling it. ;)
 
2.  Washing dishes is VERY therapeutic for me.  The same goes for making my/our bed(s) in the morning.  I feel like the day just can't get off to a good start if it doesn't.  In a way, this is what I say about washing dishes... if they're not done the night before, coming downstairs to a counter laden with a job of dirty dishes to do is very exhausting... before the day even starts.  I'm quirky like this... I know!
 
3.  I like to try out new recipes (ones I've never made before) on guests.  I have my reasons... and they're good ones.
 
4.  I hate wearing socks!  Winter coats are a close second to that.  And...oh, am I ever grateful that the Lord answered my prayers for a man who would not give me competition in my kitchen.
 
5.  If only the mini-van that we drive were a stick-shift.  I would be in high heaven.  I grew up learning to drive a stick and that has been my love ever since. 
 
6.  I've been known to have been a matchmaker for a couple of my friends... it's funny though, how my matchmaking skills didn't quite work out for myself - like I would've expected.  I actually met my wonderful husband through eHarm*ny. They had to do it for me. What goes around comes around - I guess.  All in all... I am convinced that was God's Sovereignty at work.
 
7.  Mothering?  A dream come true...yes!  But sometimes in their play my kids call me "monster mom".  And sometimes I think that that ain't too far off from the truth.  It's a hard calling - but one I'm grateful for - to be given the opportunity to try and do my best.
 
****
 
With this, I present this award to 15 others.  This was {so}hard to narrow down and pick just 15 of my personal favorites...but I tried to be versatile. ;)  Make sure you stop by at each one of their beautiful and inspiring blogs and let them know I sent you there.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 








Again, as I said, this was hard to do.  But fun!!  Thank you, again Shirley, for the nomination.  I was really blessed to be thought of like that from you -  from over the pond.

8 comments:

  1. Here's sendin' you and the other great bloggers here a great big old CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    It's always fun learnin' a little more about you beautiful blogsisters.

    God bless and have a marvelous day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award! Just saw those snow photos! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list.

    Thanks so much for the award! I posted...but didn't quite follow the rules! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award bevy, it means so much.
    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will treasure this:)

    Thank you Bevy.
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for thinking of me..
    You are a sweetie..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Bevy! You deserve it - I love coming to read what you've written and I find you so encouraging, honest, humble and creative!

    Thank you for passing this award along and thinking of me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the AWARD! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...