Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday's Finds | I Love You {2}

.. .. .. . . .. . . . .. . .. . .. . . .. . .... .. . .. . . . .. .. .. .. .. .
{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}


I wish I could recreate the moment of shrill-joy when I recently found this little guy tucked into my jewelry box.

I immediately knew this story would make the PERFECT Friday's Finds - and I had a hard time waiting until today to share it with you all.  You see!  This was no coincidence. 
 
But wait.  
 
Before I get too far ahead of myself - let me back up and share with you the story, story.
 
My husband, Scott, and I have had this "tit for tat" game going on for quite some time, although not religously.  It was something we would do - here and there just for fun.  I know other folks who do this, too and, for a long time, I had a girlfriend who her and I would exchange some for inanimate object(s) in each others home - just for fun!   Silliness.
But, when Scott and I got a hold of this little guy (and Lord knows where it ever came from) we immediately began hiding it - in the most of unexpected places and for each other.  Then when found, it would "hide" again for the other.  Cute?!?!  Simple...perhaps.
 
But, here is the thing.  We COULD NOT find this little guy anywhere, for the longest time.  We would even ask each other if the other had seen it, recently.  Nope!  It was gone.  Probably got lost in the move - three years ago...who knows?!?
 
Until.  The other day.  I went to my jewelry box to but something away and there he sat.  I squealed...and gasped.  And felt that it was a little sign from God that all would be well.  You see!  And again, I say, this was no coincidence.
 
With Scott's recent situation ,surrounding his heart, where he needed to have a Stress Test (results indicating an issue) followed by a Cardiac Cath (which was done this past Wednesday)...you can be sure my own heart was a mess and so were my nerves.  It was like God allowed Scott to find this "little guy" days ahead and find a placement for it. And he has yet to tell me where he found it - originally. (`cuz he said it been hiding in there for a while, and that is a relative thought, which also tells you how much I may be  in and out of my jewelry box.  Some times more then other times!) 
 
I think I found it on the morning after the Stress Test and before we left for our time away over Christmas.  I can't remember exactly - but close enough to the moment(s) surrounding those few days of uncertainty. 
 
With that my heart calmed...it was like a little sign given that all would be well.  My hubby would be okay and that he loved me. And that he would hang around a little while longer....
 
****
Do you believe God works in mysterious ways like this?  I do. 
I believe HE has our best interest at heart... and that he loves to bless us in little ways, such as a found little guy in our game and in big ways, such as all forms of healing.  Praise the Lord!

Scott's heart is fine.  The Lord healed his heart. There were no found blockages (it must have been all false positives)... and his heart continues to beat true... for the Lord (and, for me!). 

That's the best part.

6 comments:

  1. This is a love story.

    Yes, I believe that God works in mysterious ways.
    God loves you and Scott. Showing you His love in ways that only you know about is surely a sign.

    Glad to know that Scott is doing great. Now you can breath a big sigh and give thanks.

    Happy New Year my friend!
    Hug those children for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bevy, I believe God gives us signs to settle our hearts and surely this was a sign to you. So glad to hear that all is well with Scott. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bevy,

    That is such a lovely post. I am glad to hear that Scott is doing well. :)

    Did you hide the 'little guy' again? :)

    Have you wonderful New Year. Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev,
    I love your blog. You are doing a beautiful job and I enjoy it very much. Your little guy was a great idea. I wish you and Scott a Happy new Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! this post!!!! Yes, I believe God's hand was in the whole thing! Absolutely! It's times like those I fall more in love with our God! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun that you and Scott have a "little guy" to hide and seek. It was always so much fun when you and I did that with the rubber band ball. Come to think of it, I believe I still have that ball some where, though I'm not sure how much of it is left. Can you believe that started 10 years ago?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...