Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, December 16, 2011

News Flash

. . .. .. .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. . . .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. ..
Hello, my dear, dear readers... I didn't mean to lose you get lost in this Photo Project...but I did, didn't I?

Sorry about that.

I've been having fun - while doing it (and it isn't over) - and yet there has been a "good reason" why I haven't been as chatty here like perhaps I normally may be.

That reason is/was my husband, Scott.

(Hey, I'm being nice here...)

You all know that he recently had, had surgery.  Actually it was two weeks ago, today.  A surgery that was meant to be as an outpatient procedure that landed him in ICCU for the night.
Hemmrroidectomy.
One of the worst possible surgeries one could have.

But, I'm proud to say that he's "hanging in there" under my care. :) We both survived.  There were a couple of truly tense moments, in the first couple of days Scott was home, when it was like "everyone, take a number - and wait your turn, I'm getting there" because it wasn't just Scott who needed me... so did Jayne, and Aubrey and Caleb.... often, all at the same time.  AHH!!  And then, honestly.  There were some moments that I have never laughed so hard in all my life - at least, like that for awhile.

Of course, while Scott was healing ... he would do school work, while lying in bed.  I often found him finger pickin' here on this computer (I use a laptop) along side the bed, on a TV table.  So - pretty much I couldn't do much blogging except to post the one photo per day with the December Photo Project, at the end of the day. 

That was fine.  Except that I really missed you all and I feel now like I have a ton of mumbo-jumbo all in my heart and head that needs to get out and I don't know where to start.

Scott actually went back to work yesterday afternoon for a half day.  And is there again today - but really, REALLY feeling worn out.  And he is semi-crazy to think that he can manage a day of "helping to" slaughter some pigs and shoot and hang a steer tomorrow with my "redneck" brother-in-law, John.

I know how it is, though.  I can't stop him when I would want to do the same thing.  Tired of lying around, having been dependant on others, for too long and just needing to do some stuff and to "get er done"; get back to normal, persay.

***
Last night, I stayed up late... I was playing with my camera.  Just a little. Hence the picture above.  But, see the boxes of Christmas Cards, in the background?  I still have them to address and mail out.  It's terrible. 
But, the old, blue jar says "Scott's Emulsion" - Cod Liver Oil.

And well.  That was what reminded me that I needed to fill you in my husband's progress, believe it or not.  And that I needed to at least touch base with you all to let you know where I've been.  Granted, you have been seeing bits and pieces of Christmas unfolding at our house...throughout the past two weeks, through the photo project.
***
So, I was privileged to just have Jayne here with me this afternoon.  The older two went over to Grandma's to bake some gingerbread boys - Snipp, Snapp and Snurr as Caleb calls them.  And I felt like I could actually breath a sigh of relief.  I was in the kitchen makin' several things - Christmasy and edible.

White Christmas Party Mix - yummy!
Peppermint Oreo Cookies dipped in White Chocolate - fabulous!
Cashew Crunch (that tastes more like Carmel popcorn with a burnt-flair to it)
Crais'n Graham and Cashew Chew (I totally made this up - while trying to use up ingredients) ;)
Chocolate Covered Pretzels

The reason being is that we're planning to be "outta town" this Christmas.  And, I have a laundry list of stuff to do and more I want to make in preperation for going away.  And... my days are getting away on me.

So, now that I at least touched base with ya'll... hopefully, you can breathe a sigh of relief, too, that all is well with us and that we're just enjoying the season and HE, who is the reason.

Well.  Grandma just called, saying  "Come and get em".  I guess she's worn out now too.

6 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your December photo project, but it's nice to hear a "newsy" note from you as well! We're going away for Christmas this year as well and I'm also feeling the pressure to have things done before we leave. I hope you get everything done that you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a couple of weeks!
    Someday, (yes, someday), you will look back on these days and say, I did it!

    Cheers to you and Scott. You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been on to read anyone's blogs this week. It has been so super busy here. So glad to hear that Scott is doing better.

    I do want you to know that I looked through all of your photos that I missed.

    My favorite is the one with the frost on the leaf and grass. BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Have a blessed weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post...thank you very much for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete
  5. catching up with you today...

    first.
    we.
    love.
    chex mix!
    we make it the week before christmas and play games along with a snack night of no dinner and all junk;)

    glad scott is better.
    btw, i did cod liver for 10 whole months while pregnant with ava. yuck I know:)

    everything is looking cheery and festivy over here:)
    take care,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand not having the time to 'properly' blog - I've been so bad lately - and I don't have a 'sick' hubby and new baby?!?! Praying you have a blessed, safe and happy Chirstmas! And kudos to you for keeping up on this photo project!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...