Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I wish you could hear what I hear...

. . .. ... . .. . .. . . .. ... . .. . . .. .. ... .. . .. .. .. .. .. . .. .
Voices filtering down.  Playfully spilling out of the upstairs bedroom.  The kids are playing.  Tumbling, echoing, drifting aimlessly - imaginations at their best.  Oh, the drama...

It's so real.  And surreal at the same time.  It makes me smile.  I think back to my own days as a young gal.  The imagination that I had on me - still amazes me, at times.  When my cousins and I were together - look out!

I putz around the kitchen, mindlessly putting dishes away yet I continue to hear and take it all in.

Sometimes I can't believe it.  I still pinch myself that I've grown up and that I {now} have children.  Children of my own who take after me...

With this loud intensity, I hear - MOM!!!

I shake out of my thoughts to call up the stairs, to answer...Yes?!?!

"No, not you!" I hear Aubrey say.  "We're just pretending...". 

Apparently, the dolls were fighting and one yelled out for Mom to their rescue.

I go back to my work with a smile on my heart.  But a staircase leads me upward to the room of endless delight.

Can I enter in?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely to me... I miss those dear wee voices...
    Enjoy... Time flies..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely moment to remember. I remember all of the times you and I sat on your old green couch dreaming about the moments you are now living. Your babies are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!
    Yes go for it.

    With arms wide open and a grin from here to yonder:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy,

    That is so sweet :) My baby will be 27 yrs old in 14 days. Where did the time go?

    We had so much fun when he was little.

    Take care and enjoy the moments Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get to hear those adorable voices again, my oldest daughter with three babies about the ages of your kids moved back in for a season. Nothing is more precious than those little voices.

    I loved the way you wrote this post. You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...