Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Calmly Happy

.. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. . ... .. .. .. .. ..
As I checked my email inbox this morning...this encouraging note was "waiting" for me.  Along with some other details for school, Mrs B. (Caleb's Pre-School Teacher) left this note...in perfect timing for me todayNot just for me, but for all the other moms as well.  I know this teacher-woman is truly a blessing.  I also know I was really encouraged.  I hope you are too, as I share...part of what she wrote.

(keep reading...)
***
As an "experiment" with Caleb & Aubrey, this week.  I told them about something I used to do when I was a youngster.
 
We would pick daffodils (or Queen Anne's Lace) and add food coloring to the water.  As the flowers would drink up the water, the flowers would change in color or at least have "fringed edges" of color around their petals.
 

Caleb is to take something in for Show & Tell, on Friday, that is Spring-y! 

Think Spring!
 
 
Do you think, this might be sort of exciting for a bunch of 4 and 5 year-olds?  Blue-fringed daffodils?  I don't know, if they'll appreciate this but... we'll see. 
 
Wait.  Come to think of it... I should've added some "happy red" to the water to make them be a bit not so "blue" or green-blue.  Because I do know what blue and yellow make...
 
Wasn't thinking. 
 
All in all, regardless of how these turn out, I will choose to be calmly happy anyway.  In other words... I will (still) rejoice - no matter the outcome {of the day}!
 
Happy Spring!
Dear Mom,
Enjoy this Tuesday. "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24 - I just heard this verse again 2 days ago. I purposed in my heart to Rejoice (Bible meaning - full of cheer, calmly happy). I forgot how nice it is to Rejoice through the days. I know life is not easy - some seasons are like Spring and some are hard like Winter. I pray for strength for each of you today as you are at a job or at home, as you parent and as you play. If you are finding it hard to Rejoice - I pray you will talk to God about it and He will encourage you with His love.



Sincerely,
Mrs. B.  (Caleb's Pre-K teacher)

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely note from Caleb's teacher. She's a treasure!
    I used to put food coloring in the water for my lily-of-the-valleys. I never thought to do it with daffodils. Fun project!
    You're a treasure, too, dear Bevy. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bevy, thanks for sharing. My heart was stumbling over the words "I will rejoice."

    Sometimes, I forget and expect joy to come to me. In this season of sorrow and pain, I am thankful to be reminded that joy is something I am to seek in the midst of sorrow and pain.

    It is a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words from Caleb's teacher and a great reminder for all of us! Love the science experiment you did with your children! We love doing that one too!

    ReplyDelete

I love your encouraging comments! Thank you, so much, for letting me know you stopped by, today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...