Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday's Finds | Old Black Shutters

. .. .. . .. .... .. . . .. . .. ... . . .. . .. . .. . . .. .. . . .. .. . .
***

For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello and Welcome!

On Fridays I'll often  feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned...I share it with you!


Today's featured Friday's Find is the pair of old black shutters that sit in the corner of my living room.  For as long as I've lived on my own (around age twentyish-something) ... I've had this "art form" as part of my decor.  It's hard to see on the photo, but they are chippy and chippy is one of those loves of mine. :)  The hinge on the door is also hiding.  Old hardware is another one of my secret fav's.
The only fun story I can really recall over these shutters is on the day I found them.  I was out "shopping" with a cousin of mine.  I told her about this fabulous antique store/yard-chock-full-of-goodies, that I wanted to go to...and her only response was upon seeing it for the first time was, "Bev, this is a junk-yard!"  (Meaning not her style or taste at all).

Uhmmm, yeah? 

Oh, the many, many finds I've found there, over the years.  (sigh)  I think it's near time to go back.

Enjoy Your Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Maybe we can go "shopping" there together sometime. Sounds like fun! Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahah!!!! How well I remember that day!!!! I think we went in your fabulous silver car that we surprisingly didn't kill ourselves in. FOND memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were chippy when chippy wasn't in style, too? I laugh to see things I've always used in decorating now the rage on the Internet.

    I love the way you dangled the beaded vine down, you have a really great way of displaying your finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...