Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, March 26, 2012

the gift of rearrange

.. . . .. . .. . .. . ... .. . .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. . . .. . ... . .. . .. . . . . .. . .. . .
Saturday evening - late into the night - found my husband and I "rearranging" furniture.  It was on the calender to do this for awhile now because this was the weekend that we took up an offer to get a piano out of someones home.  A FREE gift!  So, how could we say no?  Besides, we've been talking about getting one for some time.

Not knowing what it would look like or sound like or really how big or tall or small or heavy...we said yes!  It is our hope that our children will be influenced towards music - just as Scott's family has been...and still are.  This was - as is intended - just to have something in our home to familiarize them with an instrument - such as a piano and "prepare" them for that "one day" of regular music lessons. 

Very exciting!  The one and only problem with this is that now our dining room just got a whole lot smaller.  Long story.

Anyway.  Moving on.

This gift of rearrange...
As I was thinking about this need to rearrange our home in order to fit this gift.  I got to thinking about how our life will just naturally get rearranged and we don't always like it.  I know I wasn't too keen on moving furniture around - cleaning - at 12:00 midnight or whatever hour it was.  But, it had to be done. 

(Oh, in case you're wondering, why so late?  We were out in Lancaster doing our monthly grocery shop, prior - all day.) 

Yes!  it was a long day. 


Think about all that does get rearranged, besides furniture.
  • our schedules
  • clothing
  • rooms
  • our dreams, our goals
  • life...in general. changes due to a job loss, illness, an unexpected pregnancy, an untimely death, a promotion, a refund - a gift!
Often though, rearrangement will offer new perspective, out look and insight. When we realize the truth of... The old is gone...the new has come.


On Sunday morning, the sermon, given at our church, was excellent.  Taken out of John chapter 8... the verse speaking of "the truth shall set you FREE"... along with a story- illustration of a slave woman named Harriet Tubman.  You may have heard of her.  I never have, at least I didn't recall so.  But what an amazing woman. What an amazing testimony of her freedom and then going on to helping others to their own through means of the Underground Railroad.

She was born into slavery.  This was all she knew.  But the opportunity came for her to experience freedom!
Wickpedia records...
She crossed into Pennsylvania with a feeling of relief and awe, and recalled the experience years later:


"When I found I had crossed that line, I looked at my hands to see if I was the same person. There was such a glory over everything; the sun came like gold through the trees, and over the fields, and I felt like I was in Heaven."[42]

It was taking that step...across the line... and knowing the truth that she was now a free woman radically "rearranged" her life and as we sang the lyrics to a song - later that morning, which, to me, had a negro-spiritual beat & tempo to it, I "put myself" into Harriet's shoes, as we sang.

Glory, glory, glory to the One who saved my soul. 
Glory, glory, glory to the Everlasting Lord. 
Glory, glory, glory to the Lamb who sits enthroned ...
Our God!

It was powerful.  I was imagining...that one step of faith, across that state line.  That's all it took.  One step. The freedom felt.  Being overwhelmed with the reality that set in of truth setting free.

I (too) am a New Creation!  Free from the slavery of sin.  My debt has been paid in full.  I've been Redeemed.

Like I said before.  We don't always like or want change to occur in our lives. Sometimes changes we do want to have happen in our lives never take place, and we wonder about that?  However, whatever it is that does or doesn't come, sometimes that is the best thing that could ever happen to us.

I am so grateful for the gift of rearrange.

***
Will you count the blessings, the gift of rearrange in your life today?  Join me... towards the One Thousand Gifts...in no particular order.

#879.  yes Lord, even for this horrible lower back pain today...

#880.  sea of green grass, like waves, rippling across the pasture

#881.  Caleb just a swingin' the time away on "the playground" out back - straight for 45 minutes.  I kid you not.

#882. "everybodies piano" (there's a story here.)

#883.  help to bring this piano gift home - that it even fit through the one doorway with a 1/4" to spare...

#884.  beautiful rays of sunshine

#885.  this windy wash-day

#886.  family - willing to help, willing to share a meal

#887 &  #888.  Christian country and bluegrass music!  (I went, with all three children, to hear the very BEST -  The Isaacs - in concert, last evening.  My mother, who went with me - so I'm truly grateful for her ... all over again.  She helped with the children - who were so terribly nixnootzich...it wasn't funny.  Such a schrooching around...I tell you.  (yes!  I'm speaking PA Dutch here.)

#889.  (but) they are my children and I love them all so very much.

#890. Jayne's first tooth is through

#891.  I'm doing the happy dance, right now.  I just found out my friend, Nedra, needs no more Chemo.

#892.  two nights in a row - out with the girl friends

#893.  my hubby recognizing I needed that!

#894. another passed exam for Scott... only 24 more to go.

#895  Malachi 4:1-2

#896. calves running free, from their stall!!  Have you ever seen that?  beautiful.

#897.  a beautiful shopping day to Lancaster Co. - despite the here and there raindrops

#898.  chance to rearrange ;)  (as much as I like things they way they are... sometimes, change is good!)

#899.  the fact that all three of my children are napping...at the same time!

I had better go and take advantage of this freedom. 

What to do first? 

Fold laundry or just go sew??
Guests are coming for dinner tonight, as well.  I'll need to keep an eye on the clock...
(I'm talking to myself here.  Never mind me. :))


2 comments:

  1. beautiful piano!!!

    The gift of rearrange... Love it and yes, I am counting with you!! :-)

    Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that piano!

    ours is old, BIG, with scratches and BIG, with an ugly mirror, which Matthew took off and BIG and has four tiers.and so BIG.
    but, when we asked the Lord to provide one, he only gave us what we NEEDED. not what we wanted.
    so I gave him thanks anyways.

    ....btw,
    love reading your heart hear. love that you got some girl time out, and now I'm off to see what I can rearrange in my life:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...