Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pin this one on the line!

. .. . .. . .. .. . . .. . . .. . . . .. . . .. . .... . .. . . .. . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .

Hanging up laundry, throughout the day, yesterday, it sure was a hot one. (At least for me anyway). (I burn way too easily and whenever someone comments that it looks like I "got some sun" - I always say, "Blame it on the laundry.")

I think the temps were in the mid to high 80's, here in southeastern PA, and let me tell you what... I am not ready for weather like this.  At least here in mid April. 

So random. So weird.

But clothespins?  I love them.  What a sweet and simple invention.  Yes!?!?
I was reminded of this above photo that I took, some time ago, of my sister's (Rachel) clothespin bucket.

Isn't it charming?

I don't believe I've ever shared this photo before.  And, I wanted to play around on the *new* Picmonkey and was just having a little bit of fun with it.

When...
All of a sudden.

I realized I should and can honestly thank God for these handy, dandy little inventions as my three year old daughter comes indoors looking she just rolled around in the dirt all day.  ((sigh))

She is so stinkin' cute when she knows she's in trouble.  I told her NOT to do what did... because we were gettin' ready to go somewhere, that evening.

Another sigh.

Here is the reality.  This yellow dress was already in the wash for today.  The clothes she had on earlier - well they looked just like this or worse - actually this dress doesn't look that dirty here on the photo, but trust me.  It was.  And she was "covered - head to toe" in dirt.
I found her (outside) running around in the next-to-near buck.  I made her find her original clothes from the day, bring them indoors (to me) and we put on this yellow dress (again).  Like I said, it was already in the dirty laundry for the day. 

We sat down and talked about it... plus...
and thus the day went on.

She knew she wasn't supposed to be playing where she was.  Hence the look.

We hit the tub running. Isn't it good to know you never have to get cleaned up to take a bath?  Another thought for another time.

As for my daughter and her clothes.  I know.  I know.  It all comes out in the wash.  I say it all of the time. That's why I love clothespins all the more.

**I did a Yahoo search for decorated clothespins - just for fun.  Look what I FOUND!  I absolutely love the creativity that is out there.  I just may have to pin a couple of these ideas. (I did on Pinterest)  Some are so charming.

Makes me want to know...

Would you find hanging clothes, on the line, more fun if your clothespins were decorated?  Or are you simply indifferent?  A clothespin is a clothespin is a clothespin....get the job done.

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness....I leave my clothes pins right on the line because I use them every single day in the clothes hanging months. Mine look a bit frightful right now from all the weathering! But, they are still very functional. Those clothes pins are very cute, but I'm afraid I would run them quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE best thing are children's clothes hung on the line, outside on a sunny day!
    The next best thing are sheets.
    What a simple joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like mine plain jane, but it's because I'm with Jen- they'd get "rurnt" (ruined in Southern-ese) at my house! THey are equally used for holding up play clothes quilts, art projects, and small children. Just joking about the children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I must say I was a "clothespin is a clothespin" kinda girl until I looked at what you found. I love hanging my clothes on the line and I think doing it with pretty pins would make the job much more fun. Although, I don't want to be the one "creating" these clothespins. It's amazing what some people have time to do. Wish I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another who loves hanging washing on the line. The smell of clean, wet laundry and sun on my shoulders is too delicious to ever be considered a 'chore.' No, it's a sweet part of my day. Thanks for making me consider that afresh! Blessings
    Dotti :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...