Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Quiet Ramble :: Feeling Renewed

. .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . . .. . .. . .. . .. .. . . .. .. .
What a beautiful and quiet morning it is, here today.  I'm feeling like it's a Monday morning and I know it's not.  It's because Scott was home from work yesterday (sick!) and that made it feel like a weekend day.

Truth be told.  We've had quite the weekend.  Beautiful Easter weekend. Yes!  These lilac photos from my Mother's back yard.  But, at the same time ... it gave our family an unwelcome gift.

Monday, late afternoon and early evening.  We all got hit with the bug.  The stomach bug that "runs"... yeah that one.   At least - one good thing out of it all!  It started earlier enough in the evening that we/I could prepare.  I had "everyone" set up with a basin beside their bed.  Extra sheets on hand, towels on the floor at appropriate places...the night light on - so I could see.  Paper towels on hand, etc.

Another blessing.  Baby Jayne slept through it all.  All night long...through everyone's up and down.

What a night.  Oh my.

I believe I was up every hour with either myself sick or someone else.  Caleb was the least affected (besides Jayne)...it did get him, too, early Tuesday morning.  But he kept it together the best.

Thankfully.  ALL is well this morning.  Back to normal?  Hopefully.  Scott went back to work, today, and Caleb to school.  (fingers crossed the germ is gone. GONE!)

Quiet here this morning, I say, because both the girls were napping as I've had the beautiful music softly playing in the background.  Cleaning up around the kitchen.  Catching up on some fine reading... from all y' all.  Drinking coffee.  Can you expect less, from me? 
It was weird, though.  I don't think we brewed any coffee at all yesterday.  Just wasn't on the palate.  But homemade chicken noodle soup was.  Yum! as if we really had any appetites whatsoever.
 And... we all hit our beds by about 8:8-30pm, last night.
We couldn't wait.  Clean, bathed bodies and freshly laundered sheets... makes a HUGE difference in a person's recovery from sickness.  Amen?

I think it helped knowing that I actually had gotten to some spring cleaning the end of last week.  And if you know me well at all ...spring cleaning - well, any kind of cleaning - isn't my foremost favorite thing to tackle.

However.

Isn't OUR HOME one of the most delightful places on earth?  (At least, it should be.)

I've been thinking about this here of late...

Maybe more of these thoughts will come out here, in this space, one of these days.

***
I'm so tickled to read your comments and thoughts on my upcoming Mugs & Muffins meme.

Glad to have you on board.  My hope is that it remains fun and simple and refreshing.  We'll see how it evolves.  Hopefully with your "help :: interest", it will go great!  Can't wait for (next) Monday...

***

One of things I did do yesterday was to add another bag to my etsy shop.

Remember?  I do have one of those.  Yes!  Yes, I do.

I've named this bag -  RENEWED.

Sometimes a bag gets named in the momentThis was just one of those moments.


For Sale!!  Over in my etsy shop.  Go check it out.  Please!  Thanks for looking... 
Edited to Add:  SOLD!!  to MaryJeane L.  Thank you, very much.

So.  Now that I'm feeling caught up with you all.  The rambling is over.  I just want to say "thank you" for being you.  You friends are really encouraging to me and I'm not just saying that.

I have a lot of blessings in my life... and you are one of them.

5 comments:

  1. Yes - your home is one of the most delightful places on earth.... Know that's not what you meant, but has to be said! Glad you are feeling better!!! We are doing the "homebody" thing today as well. Laundry, laundry, laundry - putting our little nest back together over here. It is a mercy of the Lord's I think to have those times.... Anyway - glad you are feeling better and things are slowly returning to normal - in a most delightful way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have all been sick. Let's hope it skipped Jayne anyway. I hope you are all feeling better by now.

    Love the new bag you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    I too hope you are all feeling better by now. Being sick just ain't no fun.

    Can't wait for Monday too. :)

    Have a relaxing evening and a great tomorrow.

    Take care, Janet W ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy, Sorry to hear about you all being sick! There's nothing worse than a tummy bug. I am glad to hear that you are all feeling better. Those lilacs are lovely. Lisa from 'Olive Plants Around my Table' shared a great recipe for lilac muffins (link below). I love your Mugs and Muffins Idea and will certainly drop by on Monday! I agree with your 'homes are the most delightful places on earth', and would love to hear your ponderings. You've set my mind a-pondering now ;o)

    Lisa's Link: http://oliveplantsallaroundmytable.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/lilac-muffins.html

    Blessings Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely bag.

    thankful for you all is well today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...