Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

We're Home!!

. .. . . .. .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. .. . . . .. . . .. . .. . .. ... .. . . .. . .. ... .. .. . .. .


This is just a "letting you know we're home" post.

We made it in, last evening about 6:30pm or so.  Had to run to the grocery store and put in an AC unit or two (well, the second one gave up the ghost - so it is no more - and we're off to shopping for another later today.) and unload/unpack/unwind.  We threw the kiddo's into the tub and I think it was a "pass out" for all of us as soon as we hit the pillow.

It's good to be home.

I PROMISE more vacation photos and trip stories - ahead.  I'll be honest, though.  So much wonderful happened that I just about have the slightest idea of where to begin without overwhelming you all.  Please be patient as I get my thoughts (and photos) together. {smile!}

Wow!  It is truly good to be back home.  But hey, I already said that, didn't I?

Thank you! so much for your thoughts and prayers. For travelling mercies; for my shoulder/neck/back pain;  Which by the way.  When we started out at 4AM last Saturday... I was really worried.  I was in so much pain.  But as we "bumped along" in our family-mobile... it seemed to dissipate.  And the rest of the travel time was honestly "not too bad".  And...now it's gone.  I think it was the wonderful bed we slept on, all week that really made a difference.

It also helps that we have the best little travellers in the world.  I'm serious.  All three of the children did phenomenal.  (Psst.  we're planning our next long road trip... based on their behavior.  We can do it!! - but the truth is that won't be for awhile.  All for other reasons.)  I wasn't having to turn around to entertain or to settle anything or to hold a bottle.  We all worked together.  It went really well.

I must sign off here as we're about to head out the door for Sunday Morning Service. 

Good to check in with you all.  Come back - in the near, near future - for more of our adventures.

For tomorrow...
Happy Memorial Day!!

So, how do you plan to celebrate it?  Any plans?



3 comments:

  1. Welcome Back!
    Looking forward to your "wonderful" vacation.
    It sounds like a trip full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...