Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

When I grow up, I want to be a ....

. .. . ... . .. . .. .. . .. ... . .. . .. .. . .. . .. ... . .. .. . . ... .. ... .. . .. .. .. .
Image Detail

I loved this childrens' book.  I remember it well, every time we would go to my Grandma's.  I always wanted to be a nurse. I wonder if a lot of that dream wasn't influenced by the love of this story.  Nurse Nancy.

Happy Nurses Week!

I want to applaud the many, many nurses in my life.  I have many dear, dear friends who are nurses.  Some of who I used to work along side of, when I worked as an nurse-aide in Pediatrics and Maternity.
I have an aunt - who once was a full-time LPN and still acts as a Home Nurse/aide. My Aunt Mary served well as an inspiration for me towards a Nursing Career.  It was so intriguing growing up to see my aunt be dressed for work.  I loved those nurse caps, uniforms and white stockings back then and still do... to this day. ;)  So professional looking... but that's just me.

I also have several cousins and a brother-in-law who are either active RN's or in the health care profession, one way or the other.  And 1 sister who is currently in an RN program about to start with her clinical rotation (so very proud of her!) ... and 3 other sisters who are in the home-health, nurse-aide line of work.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

I know the stress and strain.  The constant giving.  The demands of the day.  The joys, the sorrows.  The blessing of being there.  When a simple smile and a tender touch makes all the difference in the world.

Even just a cool drink of water and a shift of the pillow.  Being available to listen.  Encouragement.

The hands that care.

The practical hands and feet of Jesus... perhaps to many who would never know or experience it otherwise.  What an opportunity to pour out God's Love in a very practical way.

To all my nurse friends.  You are the best! 

Be a blessing...

And, maybe one day ... when I grow up?  I'll join you - once again.

Nursing:  It gets in your heart and in your blood. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just read this book to Anna last night. It is one of her favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna be checking this one out!

    Every mama is a nurse every day...

    In most incredible and best way she could ever imagine.

    on the homefront.

    Caring for the greatest mission field she will EVER be called to.

    Happy Nurses Week to You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love that sweet children's book! Yes, the nurses of the world truly are the hands that calm, soothe and care.

    What a wonderful tribute to nurses and God this post is sweetie! Great read.

    God bless and have a splendid day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is my kind of book.
    Great pictures and story.
    Those faces and colors are so soft and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I had to choose in college whether to be a nurse or a teacher. I did end up going for my teaching degree, but I still could see myself being a pediatric nurse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...