Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Farmhouse BBQ Muffins

.. . . .. . . .. . . .. . .. . .. . . .. .. . .. . .. . . .. . .. . .. . ... .. ... . .. . .. .

For a fun lunch or a quick and easy, on-the-go sort of supper dish...try these!

 ~ Farmhouse BBQ Muffins ~

1 tube (10 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

Seperate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5" circles.  Press each into the bottom and up sides of a greased muffin tin.  (I use my P. Chef stone, so no need to grease)
In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.  In a small bowl mix ketchup, brown sugar, vineger and chili powder; stir until smooth.  Add to meat and mix well.
Use about 1/4 cup/scoop and divide the mixture among the biscuit lined cups.  (Tip: the dough will have plumped up, while waiting - do another "pushing the dough" into the muffin tins...so the meat will fill in better.)

Sprinkle each with cheese. 
Bake at 375* for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for five minutes or so before removing from muffin tin and serve.  Yield: 10 muffins.


***

Are you enjoying your week so far?  How about these last few - very cool - days?
Let me tell you, I've been soaking it up, wishing I could save it up.
Collect it - in a bottle!

Our children have been L.O.V.I.N.G Vacation Bible School - so far.  It ends this Friday evening.
So far, for myself, this week I've been busy cleaning, sorting, throwing out... all kinds of stuff.

Even getting a chance to sew this week. 

Watch out, people!
It feels really good.

Until next time!  Enjoy... this day!




4 comments:

  1. I haven't made these in a LONG time! I think you just helped me figure out what I'm making for dinner tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the pie version works well too.... ; )

    Brought this post up in front of Stephen - he's drooling in remembrance.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these-they're so yummy! I should make them again. I know my little girl that eats at the table now would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds SO good. I am definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...