Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, July 30, 2012

beside still waters

.. . . .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . ... . .. .. .. . ... . .. . .. .. . . .. . .. .. .. .

Drop thy still dew of quietness till all our strivings cease; take from our souls the strain and stress and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of Thy peace. 

~ John Greenleaf Whittier



He leadeth me beside the still waters...

Thinking more of Psalm 23 this morning (particular in verse 2) ...I'm still reflecting on that portion of Scripture - as of last week.  Lingering there is quite okay, I think.
The words...beside still waters...catch my attention.

I slowed to think of the refreshment it brings to be near and close by a steady source of peace and quiet.

You know what?
Obviously the times of quiet stillness, of reflecting in and the drinking in of the Living Water of God's Word is more then enough.  Something we should do more of it - out of necessity. At least I know I want to - but don't often do it enough...like I want.
I have to really push myself to the edge of finding that quiet place...intentionally.

Sometimes this refreshment comes via other means.  By way of our friendships with other women, and the talking together that comes with those times.
Refreshing, isn't it?
I had that privilege again yesterday with a dear friend of mine. 
 Ironically enough while our guys were standing in a rushing river of water attempting to go fishing. ;)
**

Choose wisely.
What is your source of "still water"?

How do you make time in your schedule for quiet meditation, quiet reflection, and quiet friendship... just to encourage your heart?
How do you slow down, tune out the clamor and listen... in the quiet?

If you don't know...
Ask God to lead you to a place beside still waters.

2 comments:

  1. As a busy mom, it's very hard to find long periods of time. God knows your heart.
    My grandmother use to lift her apron over her head and everyone knew she was to be left alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A precious quote indeed.

    I'm not sure I have leangthy times of quiet anymore now that I'm raising children, but I do have "moments". And they fuel my fire and nourish my soul.

    A sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...