Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 6, 2012

A gift from the kitchen is a gift from the heart. ~ Unknown

. .. . .. . . .. . . .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . . .. . .. .. . .. . . .. . . ... . .. . . . . . .
I like this thought. 

I know it to be true - first hand.  Most of us can relate to the fact that we've been blessed by a gift - coming straight out of someones kitchen that speaks VOLUMES of the love in their heart, for us.

Those gifts come in various ways.

More then graciously handing over that prized (secret) family recipe, turned your new favorite and must-have recipe.  More then a freshly baked loaf of bread with homemade butter and jam.  More then the sharing of the surplus right out of the freezer or cupboard(s). 

What about...

Has someone ever just come on in, rolled up their sleeves and washed all of your dishes for you?  How about, if they swept your filthy kitchen floor - just because? Those count as gifts of love, too.  As in, out of the kitchen - from the heart.

The kitchen is the heart of the home... at least, in my book, it is.  Don't you agree?

Well, while I say that, and believe that and have done or received all of the above mentioned, I admit I still find that my heart is stingy when it comes to sharing my kitchen.  I really struggle at times to let others simply wait in the wings and watch what I'm doing.  I struggle, at times, to have my kiddos' climb the stools to help me make the "butter `n jelly" sandwiches, etc. for lunch.  Or.  When they leave their toys lay behind and/or are racing around the island while I'm making dinner....ooh, that irks.

Why?  Why does my kitchen-heart behave like so?  I don't know... but change is happening.  It's growing and stretching to be what God wants it to be. It's learning to let go (more and more) and be a blessing.

How is your kitchen-heart?

A quote captured my attention as I was reading up on and writing out this post.
I am beginning to see that the things that really matter take place not in the board rooms, but rather in the kitchens of the world. ~ Gary Sledge
The heart of the matter is this.  Our kitchens really are a valuable place and what comes out of those kitchens is truly a gift of the heart. Our Words.  Our Actions.  Our Food.  Memories.

What's coming out of yours?   By the way, today, we're making the BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE with the BEST Cream Cheese Frosting, to boot.  Thanks to our friend, Mitzi!!
(great memories!)
***
Well.  I would like to invite you to come back on Monday for my next upcoming Mugs & Muffins - gathering.  It's one you don't want to miss.

Ladies.  I'm super excited about this one.  Featured will be some great recipes!  An awesome and unique giveaway!  Great links for information and your chance to hear some great ideas regarding our food choices for what comes out of our kitchens.

See you here!

Until then, have a wonderful weekend.  Stay cool!!  Please.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Sharing from my kitchen is most certainly one of my love languages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...mine too LeAnna!
    ...
    I loved this post Bevy.
    I agree, it really is a heart of the matter.

    such a fitting photo for this too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...