Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Something New! (for me) - Confetti Meatballs

. .. . . .. .. . . .. . .. . .... . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. . . .. . .. . .... . .. . . .. .

Good mid-morning to you all.
After a wonderful night of sleep last night.  I'm feeling much, much better.
Thank you!
~~~
Today I want to share a "new" recipe with you, that I found recently.

It's a meatball recipe that is absolutely scrumptious and very, very creative - if you need to figure out a way to get more veggies in your diet.

I actually found it on the back of a Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw bag.



Confetti Meatballs



Servings 8
Ingredients

1 lb Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw®
1 lb Ground turkey, or lean ground beef  ( I actually used our own venison burger)
1/2 cup fresh Parsley, finely chopped (from my garden)
5 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tsp Garlic salt
2 tsp Dry Italian seasoning
2 tsp Garlic & herb salt-free seasoning (? - I don't remember this.  Maybe I used Garlic Powder.)
2 Eggs
dash of black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pierce the bag of Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw® with a knife and place in microwave oven.
Microwave on high for 7 minutes or until Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw® is tender (let Broccoli Cole Slaw® cool before adding it to other ingredients).
In a large bowl add all the above ingredients and mix until well combined. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Use a standard ice cream scoop to make 12-16 meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes and serve.


***
I know photos of raw meat can kinda gross you out... and you're kids might be like - "Ewhh! what's that? - not eatin' it." whenever it's time to serve them.  But trust me.  If you cover them with your family's favorite red sauce and serve over pasta... they will be GONE!!  These are so yummy.

I just made a second batch of them the other evening and threw them into the freezer (freezing them on a tray to freeze individually).  I'm pulling them out of the freezer for dinner tonight, and into a crock pot, with a can of Cream of Mushroom and some Sour Cream (a strogenauff type sauce) as a way to change things up a bit.  We're giving it a try... anyway.

It's what's for dinner.  That's what. 

Can't wait.
 
***
How do you like to add  more Veggies into your diet?  Do you need to be discreet about it or does your family eat it all and more?
 
I'll be honest.  I'm pretty blessed.  My kids will at least take a Thank-You bite and not be too bad with eating more of their veggies then they thought they would want to.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! i've tried this recipe and it is really good. I might try with ham loaf sometime. I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...