Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 20, 2012

What are you up to, this weekend?

. .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. ... .. . . .. .. . .. .. .. . . .. . .. . . .. . .. ..
I want to say top of the morning, to you, and I suppose I still can.  Even though it is mid-morning here, by now.

You know how when you've done something, rehearsing it a thousand times in your head and then you realize that you still have to actually do it?  Get it done...?  Well, that's me.  Today.  And for this weekend.  This coming Sunday.

I'm excited. 
About a month ago I was asked to do an evening sit-down dinner for approximately 20 ladies - for a Baby Shower - this coming Sunday.  I have a friend, from church, who offered and is willing to help me - but then we get to go and crash at her house afterward and I said "yes"!  Basically...because my husband and children will be there following the church service hanging out with her husband and kids.

Yes, to both things. 

So, that is where you'll find me today. 
Tucked inside my kitchen (with JOY!) making individual decadent Chocolate Mousse desserts and the moistest Banana Bread, ever (my friend Mitzi's famous recipe) along with a newly found Lemon-Zucchini Loaf topped with a Lemon Glaze.

Yum!  I want to save a loaf of each for me...

On the menu is:

appetizer

Cucumber Cups with hummus and grated carrot for garnish

main course

Walnut-Crusted Chicken with wilted greens and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Roasted Red Potatoes with fresh sprigs of Rosemary
Steamed Green Beans with almonds
(bread basket- variety)

dessert

Chocolate Mousse
Mixed Nuts and Candies

***
Most of it has to be prepped today - as much as possible.  As I have a Family Reunion to go to over lunch and an afternoon Wedding to attend - both are tomorrow.  (Those are two separate events.)  I guess that means something is to be made for to take to the reunion.  Ahh!!!

Okay!  Gotta go.

Have yourself a wonderful weekend.

PS:  I am so enjoying the fact that I actually had to close a few windows and turn off the ceiling fans in our house, today.  This ridiculous high of like 74* or something like that... ?  Thank You, Lord!

How about you? 

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the temperature is cooler today~~sounds like you'll be heating up the kitchen! What a wonderful menu! I'm sure everyone will love the feast you're preparing. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect cooking weather!!! : )

    Praying for you and the work of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very busy weekend ahead of you. With me it is a massive cleaning of the house in preparation for company next weekend. I so hate housework, but like a clean house. I can't have it both ways! Yes, I am enjoying the cooler (and rainy) weather, but now at work it is COLD!! We cannot turn off the air conditioning and I am frozen. There is no pleasing me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...