Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Daybook in August

.. . ... . . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . . .... . .. . ... . . .. .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. . . .. . . .. . ..
I always wanted to do one of these... so today it is!  I hope you enjoy reading along...

For today


Outside my window...

It's peaceful:  the cows are lowing in the wet and glistening meadow.  It was pretty cool overnight last night and so we slept with the windows open.  It was so refreshing to wake up to a sun-shiny all "wet world" with the morning dew scattered across the green.  I love hearing the cows munching on the grass as they graze their way around the pasture.

I am thinking...

Did you see the stars last night?  So many and so bright!
 I was recently reminded of the story of Abraham - when God told him to look up at the stars, that his descendants would be as many...
Well, isn't it amazing... that the stars we can see at night are those very same stars.  Too many to count and yet God knows each one by name and has them numbered.



I am thankful...

For a beautiful break in the weather.  For happy children, the past few days...and that we're fully recuperated after a strange bout of sickness for Caleb (over the weekend) and Jayne, over the past week and a half.


In the kitchen...

I'm thinking it's chicken nuggets for the kids and some leftover fried fish and rice for me, for lunch today.  Maybe a few slices of red tomato on the side.

The question always is: What will it be for dinner?

I am wearing...

a navy blue pair of  ruffle bloomers from Sarah Clemens Clothing.  I love her stuff.  And, to top it off, she's a real life friend of mine!  Along with it, I am wearing my favorite blue and brown paisley blouse.
Oh,  and ...
bare feet, of course!  Always bare feet, if I can.

I am creating...

another bag for my etsy shop.  I think I'm down to the last two seams and I need to throw on a few more buttons and we're calling it another one down.
This one is really pretty and as summery as you can get.  It actually reminds me of an August summertime...

I am going...

to my Aunt Mary's today to pick some green beans...and whatever else she wants to share.  She told me - "come and pick and you can have!"
That's always a blessing... something different for the kids to do.

I am wondering...

wouldn't it be nice? If there won't be some personal mail in the mailbox - addressed just to me, from a dear friend! I always wish for that...
These days there isn't much of that sort of mail coming and going. I always aim to change that. And I won't get any (much) unless I initiate it, more often. Amen?


I am reading...

only at night.  Right before bedtime!  1. A collection of  12 Prairie Romance complete stories, by various Christian authors.  2. Give them Grace, by Elyse Fitzpatrick and (her daughter) Jessica Thompson.
3. Taste of Home or whatever other handed down magazines are within reach, at the time.
Trust me.  What ever it is, I read.  It's only a few paragraphs until lights out.  Literally!

I am hoping...

that my three children will take a nap - at the same time, today - if any nap at all.  That is always a hope of mine.
I always hope... so I can sew!!

I am looking forward to...

going to our church this evening for a care group meeting.  Something their calling "family room".  Right now we're going through a series on Strengthening the Foundations of the Church.  And one of those areas is in the area of Biblical Fellowship.  Growing it!  Practicing it!  Encouraging it!  Seeing the fruit of it!


I am learning...

that I have a lot to learn.  Still.  In a lot of things.  Don't you?


Around the house...

Well, I'm coming "clean" with all y'all that I don't like to clean the house... all that much.  I do.  But, I don't enjoy it.  It takes me some "umph" to get a system down.  The thing is, I don't like messy and am always tidying up... but that is different then Cleaning.  I know.
You should be proud of me, though.  I vacuumed both bedroom floors this morning - before they got messed up.  AND wiped down the blades of two ceiling fans, downstairs.  Yuck!  They sure were nasty...


I am pondering...

What it would be like If I loved to clean as much as I like to cook or sew!?!  I don't know.  I can't quite imagine that.


A favorite quote for today...


Gardening requires lots of water - - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~ Lou Erickson
I thought of this today while getting ready to go and pick beans.

One of my favorite things...

I want to say - is always my cup of hot black coffee, by my side.  But, right here of late is when my three year old daughter asks me to sit and color with her and I say "yes!".  I love coloring.  It is so relaxing...


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Preparing for company, in our home, on Sunday evening.
Some grocery Shopping - probably on Saturday.
Putting away/freezing green beans, if I pick enough.

More laundry...of course!

A peek into my day...

Still wearing my Flexi Clip.


And, I want to remind you about the lilla rose giveaway that is still going on.  it's on till Friday.  Hope you'll get a chance to check it out.

***

Join Peggy, today, over at the Simple Woman's Daybook to read other daybook's or to find out on how to write your own.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this forum (post style).
    I get to peek into a bit of your daily life and get to know you a wee bit more.

    I was just coloring today with my grand daughter. Yes it is relaxing and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to have you as a friend. I wish I had read this yesterday. I would have liked to ask you last night how bean picking went? And have I mentioned?- I love your favorite blouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post very much--it was restful. I can hardly imagine having a three-year old around any more. I have two children, one teen and one almost teen. The little days are in the past now--now I'm looking forward to becoming a grandparent--hopefully in the next ten years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your daybook - thanks for sharing! LOVED your thought on the stars being the same one Abraham saw...NEVER thought of that before - neat thought I will be pondering the rest of the day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...