Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Change is in the air!

. .. . . .. . . .. . . . .. .. . .. . .. . . . .. .. .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. ... .. . .. .. . .
Good Morning to you this muggy Monday morning. 
Well perhaps it will be later this afternoon till I actually hit publish on this post.
It's been a strange morning.  I awoke to a beautiful rain just starting up...and it should have calmed my soul...like it normally does.  Instead, the harder the rain fell the heavier I felt.  I could feel the angst and stress and dread and well, the anxious thoughts and notions were coursing through my veins like there was no tomorrow.

I took the time to read the words of Psalm 139.  All of it ministered to my soul but in particular verse 23.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Oh, I am anxious right now.  For sure!
Is this really the way I am to feel on my son's first day of School?
I was not expecting this.  Then again, maybe I was.

Change is in the air. 

The questions loom large.


With a busy weekend behind us which included company overnight, a birthday party - no make that two, one of them for my baby daughter who turned one and a multi-family yard sale of me putting out all baby items/clothing (getting rid of quite a few things), to my oldest now on his way to Kindergarten, orientation today but getting on a big yellow school bus, by himself,  first thing tomorrow morning.


Can we say a sea of emotion?  Like wave upon wave?

I'm going back to read and reread this Psalm (139).  Again and again.
Praying...for comfort here. 
And where, oh where is that dern box of Kleenex?

8 comments:

  1. Hugs.. and thinking of you.. Stayed home Sunday due to exhaustion, health, and emotions.. Getting ready for back to school is never easy.. Last year, it was Chantel going to school and our child, Blessing in Heaven, who would never go on earth. I have Ralph help me get Chantel on the bus and we spent the day together to get us through her first full day of school, Kindergarten. You can do it! Thinking of you. Getting ready to get Chantel off the bus soon. Hope the first day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Bevy!!!! I was reminded of the verse and praying the verse on the way to the girls orientation, "Let your light so shine before men that they will see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." you will be fine, he will be fine, b/c we are in the palm of His hand.-Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent the morning praying for you and all those returning today - ya'll were on my heart and mind this morning. Hope he had a wonderful day and that He calmed your heart as you leaned into Him! Don't forget - He goes before us - even into those "tomorrows".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The changing of seasons, both in nature and in our lives, can certainly bring about a funky feeling, one that we can't quite put our fingers on. I think some of the angst comes as we 'number our days', and realize just how vaporous our life this side of Heaven really is. Hugs to you tomorrow as you send your boy off on the bus and on to the next stage of his/your lives...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all and hoping that everything went well on the first day...Kindergarten is lots of fun! Hope he enjoyed his first day and that you are feeling more settled today. ~Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I remember those days of the first days of school with my kids. It was so exciting but also sad! Now Trent will be starting his first day of his senior year next Tues and Shannon her First day of the her last year in middle school. How time FLIES. Have a good week and hopefully I'll see you Thursday out at my moms for Brenda's shower. -Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dear friends for all your kind words of encouragement.

    I'm feeling better...ish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondering how Caleb's first day alone was today? And how did you hold up? I'm trusting you found God's grace sufficient.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...