Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

clothespin fashionista

... . .. . .. . .. . . .. . .. .. .. . ... . .. .. ... .. ... .. . .. .. . ... .. . ..  .. .
Are you a fellow pinner?  Do you hang out (your laundry)?  Do you like to?
 Let me tell you about a surprise visit I had sometime ago.

This (honestly) was a little while ago now, but here's the story anyway.  One day I noticed a "strange" van out in our driveway. That's not too unusual as we do have a lot of activity that goes on - out and around on the farm.
 I quickly brushed it off thinking it was someone most likely visiting our next-door neighbors.  Which, she came from there, because just then, out of the corner of my eye I saw this tallish looking lady walking past our front windows, heading over onto our porch... her head of long blond curls bobbing along in the breeze of her step.
I heard a quiet voice ask my Aubrey if her Mommy was home...?

I went to the front door  to see who this might be and immediately I just started to laugh.

I don't really "know" this gal at all but instantly recognized her face and knew her name without question.

How is that, you wonder?

Well, my *new* friend Tracy is a long story.  So, I might just leave it that... of how we first met - a long time ago.  But, like I said I don't really know her, know her.  

Yet.

 But, I'm getting to know her slowly as the days go by and so might you, if you read, here.... ;) 
on Monday, August 13th, as a matter of fact.

I've asked my friend to do a guest post for me for my Mugs & Muffins.  She willingly agreed.

By the way, how do you like my little clothespin fashionista?
 This Clothes Pin Apron was a gift to me from my friend Tracy when she walked in the front door, that morning.
***
I hope you'll come back to join us as we gather round, on Monday morning!  Please come prepared to think laundry tips, ideas and your stories.  If you have recommendations or suggestions or preferences, be willing to share those as well.  What is your favorite laundry line?

Here is mine.

I thought I might throw in the towel... but that would just add to the laundry.

 

I just want to leave you with this thought....
I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home....
I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
 ~Nancie J. Carmody

Until then ...have yourself a good rest of the week.

4 comments:

  1. My dryer broke over a year ago and I have not replaced it. I love hanging my clothes outside and bringing them into the house when dry with that fresh outdoor smell. So few people do this anymore.

    Love the picture of Aubrey. So cute!

    I especially appreciate the last little quote you gave. For so many years I lived alone with no family near me. I've been married for 6 years now and so grateful to God for EVERYTHING He gives me. I know that all I have comes from Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I love hanging my laundry out. I never thouht I would be one who does it, but now I do and I am glad. I actually get my laundry done a lot faster. Go figure.
    Love the little quote. A great reminder when I'm knee deep in laundry and want to complain. I need to "pin" that in my laundry area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hung out laundry until I moved to the damp, mildewy, Pacific Northwest. There are very few days the sun allows you to hang laundry. The other bummer about havin' to be a city-slicker now, many housing regulations FORBID you to hang laundry. They think it trashes the neighborhood. Go figure. In the state of WA with their lips they go green, but they don't like to practice it!

    This summer I got to stop in Idaho to visit a blogging friend I'd only met once briefly, then visited two others. Blogging has brought so many new relationships in my life! I woulda' stopped in your place, but you were kinda' outta' the way.....

    Now that I switched to WP, I can't post comments except anonymously...

    Mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a pinner for sure! That is when it stops raining here in England long enough! But even when it is raining I use a clothes horse - I really am not a tumble dryer fan. I love how laundry smells after it's been sun dried - DELICIOUS! I love your clothes pin apron - very pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...