Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Undone

. .. . .. .... . .. . ... .. ... .. . . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . ... . .. ... .. .. . . .. ... ..

Around you such beauty

Your majesty could fill an endless sky.

Holy are you Lord.

Transcended.  Exalted.

The heavens cannot contain your presence.

How I love you, Lord.

And as I behold this beauty,


  

I'm undone.


***

As we were singing the lyrics to this song, on Sunday morning, an overheard conversation between my three year old daughter and "her window friend?" (while driving in our vehicle) came flooding back to mind.  I don't know who she was talking to, but I just listened and smiled.

She quietly declared, in her small, petite voice.
God made the trees, the sky, the flowers, the cars, the houses,(smile!) the animals and mommy and daddy and Caleb and baby Jayne and our church and ...
and on and on. 
Everything she saw with eyes, she named and declared that God made it.
Essentially...
She was noticing and proclaiming the 'beauty' as she saw it and giving the Lord praise for it. 

I thought of this and just sat there in service - praying specifically for her, my daughter.  That one day the riveting truths of this song would still hold fast in her heart when she is old enough to truly grasp just how high and how wide God's grace and glory is.

May she continue to be undone.

She doesn't know what that means. I'm continuing to learn this.

How to be so taken by the Beauty of our God.

It's all around us.

Everywhere.
***

::All these photos were taken the same one evening while outdoors playing with the kids.

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful to see the faith of a child. We should all be more childlike in our faith. Aubrey has no doubts about who made the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bev! It would be neat if you would add "I bow down" to this blog so your readers could hear this lovely song. Here's a youtube link to it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7MQv8vkY9s

    I enjoyed learning to play it for Sunday and blessed to hear how you were ministered to by it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Beautiful post, Beautiful to see a child's faith, beautiful song and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, and others. The link to the song is included in the post.

    Let me know if it doesn't work. I thought I had it linked properly.
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Bev! I didn't realize that was a link to the song. Yes it works!

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...