Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, September 24, 2012

A Daybook in September

... .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .. . .. ... .. ... .. . .. . . .. .

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...

The meadow grasses are all glistening in the sunlight.  I'm enjoying these "sudden" changes of fall coming on.  The grasses are fading to a dusty brown and there are patches of now red weeds amongst those greens and browns.  I hear geese honking...
And the corn field across the way is donning it's robe of gold.

I am thinking...

I sure am ready for this "new" season.  I love fall.  My favorite time of year...
There are increased family gatherings. (If you know my family, at all- there are already quite a few sprinkled throughout the year, but it's during the next upcoming months that they are on the rise.)

I am thankful...

for antibiotics and for dentists who'll see me at the last minute before closing their Saturday office hours.
(I had quite the bout of "trouble" this weekend - and I'm not looking forward to the scheduled Tuesday evening appointment, to do a root canal. Let me take that back.  Yes! I am.)

In the kitchen...

there are remnants of having company here for lunch - yesterday.  Although! I will say, it was really nice to have my friend pitch in, in helping to wash up dishes after our meal.  A fun way to visit for sure.

For dinner tonight? (homemade) Cheese Steak Stromboli and a side salad.

I am wearing...

a blue jean skirt and a simple brown t-shirt type blouse.  And my favorite woolen slippers - purchase on etsy last winter.

I am creating...

a (mental) list of things to do, buy and make before the end of the year.  Crazy - I know.

I am going...

to the milk store today.  It seems like since Baby Jayne is now drinking regular milk We're there much sooner then expected.  NOT COMPLAINING!

I am wondering...

about all my friends traveling this week - up to the New England States and beyond.  I have one headed to Vermont., one to Massachusetts. and a sister to Prince Edward Island.  I wonder what beauty they are seeing. It's got to be beautiful. I'm slightly jealous.  I've never been "north" that way...

I am reading...

well.  I will be soon.  I'll be rereading the book by Francine Rivers called Redeeming Love. (the best book evah!)  It's one our CG ladies decided to go through over the next couple of months. 

I am hoping...

for a passing grade for my husband this coming Saturday.  He's scheduled to take an exam- for his collage course.  This particular course has surely given him a run for his money.  Very, very tough.

I am looking forward to...

visiting with an old school friend - tomorrow morning.  It's been so long since we've connected...too long, as a matter of fact.

I am learning...

Someone recently reminded me of this - the importance of -  "Make new friends but to keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold".  I am learning, I want to do this better.

Around the house...

I'm soon ready to hang out a load or two of laundry. 

I am pondering...

still.  Yesterday's sermon.  Taken from John 13.  The blessings of Servant-hood.  In what way might I "wash someone feet", today?  Do I even dare pray for an opportunity?  In other words.  Pay it Forward...
"...he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." ~ Proverbs 11:25

And then I read this devotional from HERE.

It's all the same idea...

A favorite quote for today...

Cooking is like love... It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.  ~ Harriet Van Horne

One of my favorite things...

pulling out the flannel shirt to throw over my shoulders as I hang out the laundry and digging out the "comfort food" type recipes from both my heart and my head.  (oops! that's two favorites...right there.)

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Piano Lessons start this afternoon (Monday), for Caleb.
As mentioned.  A root canal for me, on Tuesday evening.  A visit with a dear friend on Tuesday Morning.
On Thursday evening... my husband and I are helping to facilitate a Financial Peace Class -by Dave Ramsey.
On Saturday - my husband's (JavaScript) exam.

A peek into my day...

Based on  inspiration from HERE I thought, Why not?
Why not make a Canning Ring Pumpkin for myself - until I need to use them for applesauce or whatever?


***

Enjoy your week!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy week like me! Love the canning ring pumpkin,and all the details about your life. Im still waiting on fall....still 80 here in texas. Praying for you on your root canal. Ive had one. At least your pain will soon go away.;) have a great visit with your friend,and share a favorite recipe!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is such a beautiful time of the year! The other night on my way to choir practice, I saw a V of geese passing by the sliver of a moon~~so beautiful! And I love the canning ring pumpkin! So cute! Praying that all goes well with your root canal. It's good that you can get it taken care of so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...