Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

All good trails have an end.

.. . .. . .. . .. . .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . . .. . . .. . ... .. . . . . . .. .. .


That is what this day has done.  It has come to an end.  It has left us quite tired - but happy.  I kid you not when I say our day started out at 3:30 am this morning.  Packing up and heading out of Williamsburg, VA with three sleeping kids in tow by 4:15 am.

We arrived safely in PA at about 10:45am... in time for Scott to finish out a half day at work.  I brought the kiddo's on home, cleaned out/unloaded the van and fixed a small lunch before it was time for me to head out the door for a Chiropractor appointment... at 3pm.
Thankfully my mother lives close by and was finished up at her part time job in time to come over and sit with the kids (who all three happened to take a nap today at the same time!!!!) while I went to that appointment.

It was a quick home, eat dinner and head over to friends of ours who are heading up and hosting a 9-week Financial Peace University class (FPU) - by Dave Ramsey.  This is our third time of walking through this class...and, this time we are co-hosting it.   That started at 7pm.  (Psst! I wish this for you.  If you ever get a chance to take this class... YOU SHOULD!  It will radically change your life.)  Oh, I could say much about this class.  But not tonight.

Should I lament how exhausted I feel?

No.

Today was a beautiful day. The past couple of days were beautiful.  Reflecting back on the life of Scott's grandfather (the reason we went to VA was due to his grandfather's passing away and attending the funeral service) and just seeing what an impact he had made on his family.  His heroism.  His work ethic.  His sense of humor.  His time and investment made into the lives of his family.  I see some of the fruit in his grandson's life (my husband).  Good and some not-so-good...if I'm honest.  But that is what you must say regarding the different branches on and of the "family tree".

I'm just so grateful we were blessed to be able to attend the service, in Williamsburg, and spending the couple of days that we did.  It was really nice to see my husband's side of the family...some, again (as it's been awhile) and some, never met (as in the seven years that Scott and I are married) - I had yet to "officially" meet them.  It was very nice.  Unfortunately it came by the way of a passing of dear loved one.

But... all trails must come to an end.  Hopefully - the memories will continue to live on in our hearts.  And the family tree will continue to grow and be known.

***
Okay...  So I am really, really tired. I must close along with and by saying, thank you!  

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  Definitely felt.  Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're home and had a safe and enjoyable time. Been thinking of you guys this week. Hope you make a smooth adjustment back to life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...