Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 7, 2012

at rest

. .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .... . .. .. . .. .. . . . .. . ... . . .. . .. . .. .

"Never let yesterday use up today."  

~ Unknown


***

What could this quote say about you?  Are you one to run around with anxious thoughts and notions piled up inside your heart and mind and that then becomes your cup that runs over into the next day and the next?

Friend.  I hope you'll find that Joy of the Lord is your strength.  Today.  Tomorrow. And the day after that.

I trust this weekend finds you ~ at rest!
The funny thing is, is that I wish this for you, my friend... but I'm wondering about my own.  I think it could very well be another couple of good - but busy - days.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. ~ Psalm 94:19
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  ~ Psalm 91:1
~~
Just a bit of bloggy what-not.
I may or may not be hosting the Mugs & Muffins segment this upcoming Monday. (I usually host it the second Monday of each month). I'm praying that it all comes together.  But since I was away most of this week, I haven't had a lot of time to pull it all together.
That's okay.  Besides - my daughter's 4th birthday is this coming Monday and I should probably dedicate my day to her anyway. :)

So stay tuned.  We'll see what happens. Irregardless, I hope to have you come back and visit again on Monday.

God Bless!

8 comments:

  1. Mugs and Muffins can wait.

    :-)

    Celebrations for little folks mean so much.

    A beautiful hay shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I think that is what is going to happen. Mugs & Muffins will be on hold till next Monday.

      Thanks my friend.

      Delete
  2. Can I help you? Since we will be underfoot??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what makes it a good-busy. But let me tell you... you'll hear how my day went today, later on this evening and this is another reason why I love this quote. I'm one to easily allow what happened the day before to affect the next.

      Can't wait to have you in our home - this evening, overnight and tomorrow.
      ~Bevy

      Delete
  3. Your photo looks so familiar! Beautiful through your eyes :)

    Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pic, Bevy.

    I was thinking how easy it would be to rest if I had that bale, a blanket, a good book and a cup of coffee. Would love to sit there and read!

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come by and sit a spell over at Mugs & Muffins on Monday!! I would love to hear your thoughts on the topic that will be shared. ;)

      Delete
  5. Just found this through your linky think - PRETTY picture!!!!!!!!! Such an essence of late summer in it!! It makes me feel warm all over - as I sit, anticipating the snow coming! True words though and very appropriate to the past week for me! ;) :) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...