Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

:: Do Not Worry ::

. .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. ... . .. . .. . . .. . .. . .. .. . . .. .. . . .. .. . .. .. .. . 
Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of it's own.  ~ Matthew 6:34

Isn't that about the truth?

Well.  It is the truth.  It is found in God's Holy Word.

 (These photos aren't meant to scare you.  We've just found this big guy fascinating and fun to watch!)


But, as I sat down - weary - at the breakfast table, this morning, the tears began to fall.

Someone fell and landed on their bum hard.
The Cheerios were thrown off the tray - again!
My tooth has been aching for the past several days- aching unbelievable this morning 
(along with a varicose vein in my leg - tender to the touch.  Just this morning.  Very strange.)
The run-around of getting everyone dressed - properly
The baby bumped her lip - bleeding all over again - the same spot for three days in a row
Wants to be held - all of the time
He can't find his shoes to save his life - they need tied
Someone spilled milk 
aghh!  that milk is all we have left until we get more...
Here - quick - let's change your shirt.

and on and on and on


All was going in disarray before the day even barely got started.  This was not going to be good.

I did my best to calm down... as by now my kids were asking me "what was wrong".  I grabbed each of their little hands and squeezed.  I began to pray...

And in seeking the forgiveness of the Lord, first and asking for His Grace to walk through this day in a way that honored and glorified HIM... the rest of the morning actually fell into place and we managed to get EVERYTHING done (including getting teeth brushed) and (backpack) together to get Caleb on the bus.

Oops, we forgot his snack   
Actually, I thought of that mere minutes before the bus rolled up just in time for me to run back into the house and grab something (Peanut Free!!) and back outside before it came.

"Thanks, mom!"

This school thing can be stressful!  (there I said it!)

***
If I let every little thing of yesterday use up all of today and if I would let myself imagine whatever could possibly happen tomorrow before it ever comes I could really, really, really be caught up in a MESS.

I like the comfort of God's Word.

:: DO NOT WORRY ::

It sounds like a command.  But really, it's not.
It's an invitation to rest in His loving arms.  It's to HIS strong and loving arms that I can run; feel the embrace of his kindness and gentle touch, restoring my soul and know that all is well.

Tomorrow is a different day.  One entirely of it's own.

***
(Does anyone know what KIND of spider this is?  Maybe I should worry?  Just a little?)

... . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . ..
** DON'T FORGET!  Tonight at 10:00pm, EST. is the end of the great giveaway for my Mugs & Muffins post back on Monday.
 Don't miss it. Go HERE to enter.  I would love to have you enter in the discussion.

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Absolutely full of God's truths and promises!

    I think the spider is an Orb Weaver! They are pretty cool for a spider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bevy, I am so sorry you had such a rough morning. I have had many myself, but I should follow in your footsteps and give my day to the Lord in a prayer instead of walking around half annoyed and frustrated all day. You are a sweet soul my friend. Thanks for the encouragement today.
    BTW: I commented on Monday but please do not enter me in the giveaway. Might look a little suspicious if I win. Don't ya think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that kept coming to mind are the verses previous to the verse you posted:

    "For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:32-33)

    Our father KNOWS what we need - you are so right - it is not a command. It is an invitation to trust in Him because He knows what we need. On the flip side, we are to seek first his kingdom and His righteousness - which you SO beautifully did!

    "And in seeking the forgiveness of the Lord, first and asking for His Grace to walk through this day in a way that honored and glorified HIM... the rest of the morning actually fell into place and we managed to get EVERYTHING done (including getting teeth brushed) and (backpack) together to get Caleb on the bus."

    He is SO at work my friend - and you are SUCH an example!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a common Garden Spider, although there is nothing common looking about it is there?! :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argiope_aurantia
    Great post Bev. I think the spider goes along quite well with what you shared. What you're going through is "common" to all of us moms with littles. It's hard. It's really tough some days and all our work can seem meaningless or fruitless, but in our "common" life we are weaving something beautiful for the future and God sees it as so much more than common. It's beautiful and it's a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy. I never thought about it like this. In all, the Common is made Spectacular... in His time.

      I like this thought.

      By the looks of it you're link sounds the most right on. My SIL in VA called and said they call them Signature or Zipper Spiders down there...because of how it looks in their web. My Caleb first saw the spider and told me he thought it looked like the spider was writing words... so, I get the signature part of why they might call it that. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah,how WELL I remember thoes days! But now,i have traded them for elementary and teen years! Ha ha! i should of learned to grab my kids hands in prayer. Way to go mama!:) now my days are filled with prayers as I clean house,do errands,and laundry.
    I know how fustrating you must feel,well,we ALL feel at times. Be encouraged. God has given your kids you,and you are being a light to them,and they will remember that when their mama worried,she prayed. Great job bevy. Keep your eyes upon Him.
    Matthew chapter 14. jesus calms the storm.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, Bev. I often think of those times of tears as a type of sweating. Frustration builds inside our hearts until something has to give (tears), just like our skin perspires when our bodies are too hot inside. It's amazing how just a few minutes of 'sweating' can reset our spirits and we're ready to press on once more. I hope the remaining days of your week go well for you and yours. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have been learning/trying to "take every thought captive". if i allow a bad morning to send my thoughts spinning or to drag me down, my thoughts alone can ruin the rest of my day. thanks for sharing, you are not alone:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...