Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday's Finds :: Share (mutual) Encouragement

. .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . ... . .. .. . .. . .... . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .. . ...

It's where...On Fridays, I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.
Thanks for stopping by.

***
A bit of an unusual find today.  One that happened to me a long, long time ago.  Every time I flip my Bible open to Romans 1 - this heart-shaped note falls out.  A great reminder of a good friend and our friendship. 
I shared about this before, here.

Actually, you might say this note found it's way to me.  Slipped under my front door, by a dear friend of mine - also named Bev.  Again, a long, long time ago.  She has since gone HOME to be the Lord.  I miss her greatly.

My friend Bev and I would get together to sit and catch up, pray, talk about our hopes and dreams, pray some more.  You see. At the time, Bev was soon to be married and I was still a young single gal - hoping that that dream of getting married would be true for me one day.  This sort of subject - marriage - wasn't all that we talked about, though.

We talked about our growing in Christ and what did that look like for each of us?  Our relationships with others, dreams of me going to school (for nursing), and home making... etc.

Our friendship could be described  like these verses say in Romans 1:11-12

I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong --- that is that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.

***

Who are you going to see this weekend that you might mutually encourage?

Think about it.

I'm excited.  I plan to go to a Ladies Breakfast in the morning.  
And, I think {this} just might possibly happen, do you?

6 comments:

  1. I have been encouraged several times in my life by many dear christian women,and I have been an encouragement to others. Some of the encouragement has helped me get thru some really rough times in my life,and has kept me from giving up. Theres a verse in the Bible that talks about encouraging others with the encouragement weve been given. Your blog is an encouragement! Keep up the good work! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. Thank you Christina. That made me smile - today. ;)

    It's been so nice having you pop in from time to time and share your thoughts here in this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bev, How nice to see Bev's writing again. That sounds just like her. I really had to do a double take when I read the note. Wondering why you wrote yourself a note that you were praying for yourself:) Wasn't Bev such an encourager??? What a great cousin huh? She was my 3rd cousin, did you know that? Thanks for sharing and for encouraging so many!! Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missy. I had no idea Bev was your third cousin. You know she was (honestly) my second cousin? I always thought it was kinda funny - sharing the same name - seeing her at family reunions, when we were younger. You know? What a great friend.

      Yes! that girl was a HUGE blessing and a wonderful example with extending encouragement.

      I'm so tickled to have that keepsake of her; her handwriting, her thoughtfulness... even after all these years.

      Delete
  4. What a treasured keepsake, Bevy!
    I love little notes like that. I have a photo storage box that I keep them all in.
    Happy Weekend!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always tried to handwrite something to everyone I know. Something about the specialness of handwritten words.

    Just now catching up with reading blogs. Yes, I will encourage someone today! Just like you did for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...