Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

so worth trying...

.. .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . . .. .. . .. .... .. .. . .. .. . .. .. .. . .. .. .. . . .. ..

Wow!  Lucky for you... two recipes from me back to back on two consecutive days.
Salsa and now Pizza.

I'll have to tell you about this "made from memory" pizza idea with a little help and inspiration from HERE.
When we were South on our trip, back end of May, to VA and TN - our dear friend Mitzi, in TN, made this incredible pizza.  I didn't get to see exactly how she put it together, but she kinda told me what she did.  So going off of this lingering tasteful-memory... I decided to use up some leftover BBQ chicken that I had, had from over the weekend.

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Pizza


It might sound a little - "eh, not so sure!", but trust me.  This is really, really delicious.

First I made my pizza crust.  From scratch.

This is a dough recipe that I use for both my Stromboli and pizza.
1 T. yeast
1 cup warm water
1 T. granulated sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cup flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Add sugar, salt and oil.  Mix in flour until you have a soft workable dough.  Let it sit a few minutes.  Press out onto large pizza stone.

***
Here is where my creativity took over, I guess.  Like I said, going off of my recollection...I took the chicken meat off of about 6 drumsticks, that had been grilled and smothered in BBQ sauce.  The meat was a bit chunky so I decided to run it through a food processor for a bit - to get the meat more "tender" to chew.
Going on line I found this other similar recipe for this particular pizza and this gal suggested using some ranch dressing.  Ranch dressing is something I don't remember my friend using.  Verification, Mitzi?

So, on the crust.  I squeezed out a continuing circle of more BBQ (Sweet Baby Ray's) sauce.  Followed by Ranch Dressing.  That was my "sauce" on the crust.  I then sprinkled a light hand of Mozzarella Cheese.
To the already barbequed chicken I added a squirt or two of Ranch dressing. (at this point I'm even wondering if I'm going to like this...?) and a drizzle of water to help bind the chicken and give it some moisture.
 Don't ask.  It's how I fly in the kitchen.

I spread that over the sauce.  Added some shredded cheddar cheese - sprinkled lightly and a bit more Mozzarella.  And of course I added about a 1/2-1 cup of Pineapple Tidbits (drained).
Thinking it needed some more purty color -  I added some sliced red onion rings to enhance the already potentially bursting flavor.
Remember, I was going off of a memory?

And threw it in the oven at 350* for about 15-20 minutes.

HOLY BUCKETS!

This was really, really delish.

***

I hope you'll decide to try this one day.  It's so worth it. You will be amazed.  I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously we left too soon.... : P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You did. ;) you should've hung around for another day.

    I beg you to try this sometime, though, when you get a chance. It's yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...