Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 days :: Be a Blessing Bandit

.. ... . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . ... .. . . .. .. . .. . . .. . .. .. .. . . .. . .. . ..
 Could there really be such a thing, as a Blessing Bandit?  

I think so.  

In fact, I know so.  
A blessing bandit is when a person decides to be a sort of serious outlaw-bandit, but in the reverse.  They are sneaky.  As in, how much blessing can they do and get away with? - all in the name of anonymity.
I once knew of a gal who did this. 

Often. 

She would sneak by others homes; leaving things in their mailboxes, on front porches or steps, or on their car windshields.  Simple & thoughtful things like bouquets of flowers, something baked or notes of encouragement.  Such random acts of kindness that left one scratchin' their heads.  Never with an expectation of getting something in return. Purely - just because.

And then.

She disappeared - totally skipped town - as it were.  I never really heard much from her again.

It's a shame.  Really it is.

 Oh, to be like her.

We need more Blessing Bandits in our lives.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I have to ask...Would you consider joining the gang?  I mean, if I do - will you, too?

"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." ~Proverbs 3:27


I thought I would share this quote that I love from Nicole Johnson...

"Encouragement is to a friendship what confetti is to a party.  It's light, refreshing, and fun, and you always end up finding little pieces of it stuck on you later."

Amen??
***
Click on the button below for the previous post in this series.  Updated daily.

 31daysofHeartsatHome

4 comments:

  1. I love your quote. I love being a blessing bandit. Its fun! Blessings,christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of being a blessing bandit. What fun that must be. I think I'm going to join the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea. When we were a young newlywed couple, Scott and I would do fun things like this, but I have to admit, I totally forgot about that idea. Thanks for bringing it to mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...