Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 26, 2012

31 days :: Be Willing to do Something

 .. . ..... . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. . .. .. .. .. . .. ... . .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. ..



"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done." 

~ Thomas Jefferson

It just might mean going up to the proverbial door and knocking on it...

This Thomas Jefferson quote brought to my mind, an old country? song... one I've been humming around here this morning. 

 IT AIN'T LOVE `TIL YOU GIVE IT AWAY
CHORUS:
It ain't love until you give it away
Love don't live in a selfish place.
You got to share it with another every day,
You can't have it 'til you give it away.


1. I looked for life, I found love,
I held on tight, I did not trust,
Until one day love came to stay
You can't have it 'til you give it away.



 2. The more you give, the more returns
Spread the flame and let love burn.
Put a little love in everything that you do,
Then you'll see the love of God coming to you.


I don't think it needs much interpretation -- but I'll say it anyway -- and I've said this before.  In hospitality one must be willing and want to extend themselves...in order to reap a blessed reward.  You never know what is on the other side of that door...

Sure!  Fear gets in the way - far too often.  It's nerve-racking.  We allow our pride to stand in the way.  We're selfish...

My husband and I often talk about a time (and we're no expert, we're still learning and growing and it's still hard!), but we talk about the time we out of the clear blue invited then strangers, now friends, (strange friends?) to our home for the first time.  They were faces we knew from our church.  It was "years" that they had come and we "never really" talked to them before.  This one time - I took the effort and extended the invitation and now these folks are some of our dearest of friends.

Why?  Why did we wait so long?

I hope you hear my heart - and feel my encouragement this morning. 
We've got to be willing to do something.
Just because there is a door staring you in the face - it doesn't mean you can't roll up your sleeve, take a deep breath, muster up some courage and take a little effort, reach up and out... and knock.

***
Click on the button below to read the previous post of this series.  Updated Daily.

31daysofHeartsatHome

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. It is scary to make that first move. But once we do,it can turn out to be the blessing weve prayed for. Have a great weekend!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...