Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 days :: Moving on!

 .. . .... . .. .. .. . .. ... . ... . .. .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. . . .. . ..
 “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:10 (NIV)

Wow!!  Here we are at the end.  The time has come to face the end; the 31st day of our 31 days of Hearts at Home :: Extending Hospitality.

I so enjoyed the Nester's Challenge.  Thank you for hanging in here and reading along this whole time.  I really appreciate it.  I'll be honest... I had no idea if I'd be able to pull it off.  Wasn't so sure I would have that much to say all on the basic same topic.  Apparently so, because I'm a little sad my "prompt" is over.  

I also know, from time to time, it was sporadic and I told you that would happen.  I just wanted to be faithful to whatever it was the Lord laid on my heart for the day... so some of it (I admit!) was things you had read before here at Treasured Up and Pondered and, at the same time, I hope you were blessed the second time through.

Again, thank you for grace.

I wasn't really sure how this last post would come to a close and I wasn't so sure I was going to end with talking about our opportunity at hand... but.

I've been busy putting hospitality to practice since Sunday in a very real way.  This family of five that has been "living" with us have been a wonderful addition to our home and yet, if I'm honest, it's been stretching.  Many evenings, after the kids were asleep, the four of us adults would sit and fellowship.  Really some true - getting-to-know-one-another was happening... and all in a good way.  Lots of encouragement and comradity (?) going on.

 Lots of coffee...

Lots of laundry...

Did I mention, they have a little dog?  Oh yes - another HUGE stretch for me, but it's been much, much better than I've ever expected.

Our kids taking to each other so well ... with so reality mixed in of not-so-well.  Again... we've been practicing.  Both in the giving and in the receiving.

For one.  My kitchen being taken over every afternoon by their twelve-year old daughter - who LOVES to bake and so, why not?  Here is her chance to shine and it gives her something to do - making her feel important.  Today it was Banana Crumb Muffins. 


Yesterday, it was brownies.  The day before that, the yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies...

I say all of this to say...

It's all about having a servant heart.  You can...  We can all say we have one, until it's proven.  And that's where I want to leave this series.

You'll never know how much of a Heart at Home you have until you begin the task of Extending Hospitality.  It will NEVER be perfect.  That is why the call is there - to just practice.  Practice by letting go of yourself and putting others before yourself.

I want to end by asking you for some feedback.  How did you honestly enjoy this series?  What was your favorite post or which one struck the most cord with you?  Which one wasn't so hot?

Any stories you would like to share?  Any thoughts or questions?

There is also this link that I want to leave you with that hopefully you'll find time to read.  It blessed me - so long ago - that I printed it off the website and kept it in my Bible for a constant reminder and reference.
I just wanted to share it with you as well.  It's written by MaryBeth Whalen, entitled... HOME : More Than Just a Word.  Hopefully you'll find a time to read this when you get a chance.

Well.  That's it!!  The end of this 31 day series.  My first ever.  Again, thank you for listening.  Thank you for reading.  As you leave - would you mind just continuing to lift this family of five to the Lord.  They are so wanting to be in the Lord's Will and in their :: MOVING ON! :: be at peace, fully, with what He has for them.  Their faith continues to amaze me.  And I'm so glad we got to do this with them and for them.  And we will continue to be here for what they need in the interim.
***
Click on the button below for the previous posts in this series.

31daysofHeartsatHome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...