Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 5, 2012

31 days :: Pay it Forward

. .. . .. . .. . .. .. .. . .. . . .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. ... . .. . . .. .. . . ... . .. .
Yesterday, at the end of my post I mentioned the phrase, "pay it forward".

I've talked about this thought before, HERE, and I shared a personal story there of what "paying it forward" might look like in getting fleshed out.  I don't say all of that to gain accolades for myself it's just that sometimes when we actually put our love into action, or say something about what we've done, it will then spark an idea for someone else and they might recall a time that they were very blessed by someone and will think of way to return the favor but instead they might send it on ahead.
 I hope that made sense.

 Again, I hope you take the time to read this previous post, I made reference to.
I think it will give you some insight, into what I'm trying to encourage you with, here today.

***
Today, I simply want to add a twist to this idea of paying it forward.

I want to hear from you! 
I need to hear from you.  For one, I NEED to be encouraged.

Okay.  So here we go.
I want to know some of the ways you were blessed...very blessed... by someone.

Will you share a possible way that you might be able to Pay it Forward with someone different?
Perhaps.  Keeping it anonymous.  Totally unexpected?  Even if you just acknowledge that you want to try this.  That is good enough.

This is surely not to pat ourselves on the back, by any means.
 Rather it is just another way to extend hospitality. 
And (possibly) encourage someone else to do the same.

Matthew 25:40 {KJV}
"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

***

Click on the button below to read the previous posts in the series.  They are updated daily.

31daysofHeartsatHome

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,
    We were very blessed by a family that we didn't even know in our international move from South Africa to England. They provided a home for us at a minimal rent, made sure the cupboards were full of food on our arrival, made sure that the house had all the basics for us etc, never asking for financial compensation, I know that to get the house in order for us they had to have spent some money. When we offered to pay them for all they had done - they refused our offer and would not accept any financial payment.

    I have never ever experienced such kindness and generosity in my life. This family (now good friends) are amazing and truly live out their Christian faith. Their act of generosity and kindness has spoken volumes to me and I see them in a mentoring light, for I hope that one day God will give us the opportunity to do the same for a family needing a bit of guidance, help and a loving action.

    I must say that my senses are now heightened to the needs of others since experiencing such a blessing, and I am always on the look out for ways in which I can in some small way give or help. But I sure am looking forward to landing the big one one day :o)

    Blessings
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this testimony, Shirley. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

    This is what I'm talking about. The desire then is placed in you to "pay it forward" even if in some small way to bless someone else. I pray ALL of us do this more often. This is what the Body of Christ is all about.

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy, i have been blessed more times than I can count by others. when my first son was born,an anonymous donor gave me two hige cardboard boxes full of clothes for him. When my daughter was a baby,someone paid for her dresses in a line at the thrift store. When I got divorced,a man got to know me ,and married me,took in me and my three young children,and took on the provider responsibility. Ive gotten clothes,checks in the mail,you name it. My second mom adopted me,and has treated me as her own and my family too. I have college age step kids,two highschoolers,a sixth grader,and a third grader. I need her encouragement and wisdom.
    I love to pay it forward. It is great to recieve,but so much more blessed to give. I have been blessed,let me bless others.
    I think what you did for that young mom was such a great thing! Im sure she really appreciated it. Thats right,thinking about what youd want can help place you in their shoes,and be able to help provide. Way to go!
    Thankyou for sharing your heart in these lessons. Be encouraged!!!!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting in the parking lot at Sight and Sound Theater in Lancaster last night for 45 minutes I thought of you and this post. People were so patient. Even though they had been sitting in their parking spaces for such a long time, they would wave the next person through. When I waved someone to get in line in front of me, he waited until the car in front of him was able to get into line to get out also. What a blessing to see people not honking and screaming at each other. I was truly seeing the body of Christ and people "paying it forward."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...